Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

teggy bogging out

Old 03-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch
Default teggy bogging out

95 teggy ls stock ls motor no aftermarket on motor so my problem is when i start driving it just starts bogging hard an wont go so i have to turn it off an restart it but it only goes another mile before it happens again ive been tryin to figure it out for a while.

i was thinking maybe fuel filter or injectors lmk your ideas
Old 03-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin
Default Re: teggy bogging out

It could be alot of things. TPS, map, 02, etc.

Check all your sensors first.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch

i didnt think sensors would make it bog out so bad that you would have to turn your car off an on but ill check em
Old 03-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

+1 on fuel filter. It could be as simple as aa tune up.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:12 AM
Registered Member

yeah im gonna change out the fuel filter to see what that does any other ideas
Originally Posted by Laserjock
+1 on fuel filter. It could be as simple as aa tune up.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

does it take longer to start cometimes. Like cranks a while before actually running. If not probably not a fuel filter. Then yes sensors will make a car bog. Temperature sensor could be off giving to much gas or not enough. MAf will do the same. I would check sensors first.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by eghatch
i didnt think sensors would make it bog out so bad that you would have to turn your car off an on but ill check em
Sensors are the only connection the ECU has with the engine, so the information the ECU is getting is only as good as the condition the sensors are in. Bad sensors, bad information. Good sensors, good information.

So yes, sensors can make an engine completely unable to run properly.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

i see makes sense lol i shall check them
Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Sensors are the only connection the ECU has with the engine, so the information the ECU is getting is only as good as the condition the sensors are in. Bad sensors, bad information. Good sensors, good information.

So yes, sensors can make an engine completely unable to run properly.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all

CEL?

I would lean towards bad info to the ecu as well. Doesn't sound like the TPS (would idle like shit). The first thing I would check is your IAT sensor. If its just a little off it will run like shit. Mostly when they start going out I've seen them send back the wrong voltage (0-5v thermistor sensor) and the ecu richens or leans the engine out too much.

Hopefully this helps...
Old 03-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Originally Posted by eghatch
Oh yeah-

I think it's sensor related for this reason. I think even in a warmed up car, it'll run in open-loop for even just a minute. I could very well be wrong.

Originally Posted by '00_GSR/R
CEL?

I would lean towards bad info to the ecu as well. Doesn't sound like the TPS (would idle like shit). The first thing I would check is your IAT sensor. If its just a little off it will run like shit. Mostly when they start going out I've seen them send back the wrong voltage (0-5v thermistor sensor) and the ecu richens or leans the engine out too much.

Hopefully this helps...
He's probably not getting in even a single drive cycle to pull a CEL.

Quick Reply: teggy bogging out