Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Talon without electricity <HELP>

Old 01-12-2005, 06:17 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva
Default Talon without electricity <HELP>

Here's the deal. My everyday driver died on me. It's a pretty much stock 1994 Eagle Talon DL (1.8L SOHC FWD). I get absolutely no electricity supplied to anything whatsoever... I can't even get my interior lights to come on. I checked my battery and it is at full power, my starter is fine, my ignition is fine (and that would have nothing to do with the fact that I can't even get the interior lights on), ALL of my fuses and relays (inside and out) are not blown, and all my wires and terminals are tight and properly connected. What could be the source of the problem? I heard it could be a blown fusible link under the engine bay fusebox or the car's circuits could have shorted... Any input here?

Edit: Oh, and I did check my grounds. Here's some useful information on the car if it would have any significance whatsoever: my rear engine mount on the car is broken, right before I was bout to install a new one, this car did this shit to me. Could a problem related to that have occurred??

Last edited by Qwiksillva; 01-12-2005 at 06:27 AM.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:47 AM
Say somm!!!

NastyNate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Talon without electricity <HELP>

Same thing used to happen in my stang sometimes....ende3d up to be a internally corroded positive battery cable, as in inside the cover of the wire. I would say start with checking those, then onto check the fuse box and making sure its not shorted out.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:27 PM
wtb scoobie snacks

musicmaniac is on a distinguished road

i hate to ask but did u even try to jump it or swapping batteries, same shit happened to me about 6 hrs ago, turned out the battery was really messed up, had perfect output till u plugged the wiring harness into it then bam 1 volt if i was lucky.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

my doge dart had a bad motor mount which caused the engine to tilt slightly and the starter touched the exhaust pipe shorting the main wire and the fusible link fried. And it had no power to anything till i replaced it then it was fine after that.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

I had the battery tested. It's 100%.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I tried to jump it also... No good. I even tried to push-start my car and it won't even turn on that way. This sucks.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:04 PM
wtb scoobie snacks

u could also get a multimeter and have the battery hooked up and check the voltage on the starter if it is low or 0 it has to be a problem between the harness and that connection so just work your way throught the harness till u find it
Old 01-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

Newsflash! I think this problem could be my MFI relay from what I heard, but I can't locate it! Where would it be? It's not in the engine bay, I know that. I was told it could be near the ECU (they call it ECMs for some reason in the damn repair book). The MFI relay supposedly helps control the voltage at which the battery delivers the power to a lot of main things like fule injectors, many sensors, the ignition, and so on... if I could find it, I think this "powerless" car could be restored. Someone help me locate this, I would be so ever thankful (even if it didn't solve my problem).
Old 01-15-2005, 07:39 PM
wtb scoobie snacks

my guess is on the passenger side behind a plastic piece beside the glovebox