Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Tachy doesnt light up

Old 12-15-2003, 06:15 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx
Default Tachy doesnt light up

Shift light on my new tach doesnt light up when the needle goes to the shift point the fucker dies and goes past zero...anyone help?
Old 12-15-2003, 06:19 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: Tachy doesnt light up

Originally posted by 5th Gen
the fucker dies and goes past zero...anyone help?

im lost on this one, i cant figure out what you mean,is it a used tach?..........and does the light do a self test when you turn on the ignition?.....if it doesnt lite up when you turn the car over than you can start your problem solving from there.......if im not mistaken the autometer tachs get there ground and there power from when you turn the light into the tach housing, you can also double check that to see if its touching the leads.......
Old 12-15-2003, 06:28 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

no brand new tenzo R, buddy hooked it up so that might be the problem, no light comes on when i start it cept for the backlighting, when the tach reaches to point of where i have it set the tach cuts off basically and the shift light doesnt come on
Old 12-15-2003, 06:35 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

i have never installed a tenzo tach, so im not sure, are there seperate rpm wires for the shift light?.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:38 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

nah there are 2 yellow wires that connect to the tach then you have 2 hot wires for the back lights, 2 grounds for the lights and then 3 other wires for the tach itself, 12v, hot, and ground
Old 12-15-2003, 06:43 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

wish i could see it........
Old 12-15-2003, 06:55 PM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

looks cool sittin there ...lol
Old 12-16-2003, 05:53 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Originally posted by 5th Gen
looks cool sittin there ...lol
im meant i wish i could look at the wiring so i could figure out whats done wrong.............
Old 12-16-2003, 10:59 AM

a92civicxjdmb16 is an unknown quantity at this point

does the shift lite hook up to the inside back of the tach? if so check it out it might be shorting it self when it trys to kick on causing the tach to shut off.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:55 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

man i could be wrong but these thing have different settings for 4,6,8 cylinder engines. check to make sure that it is in the correct position

hey its just a thought

Quick Reply: Tachy doesnt light up