Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

T28 Upgrade

Old 12-26-2005, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
240 SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default T28 Upgrade

im thinking about upgrading turbos from the T25 to the T28 what is all involved in doing the upgrade?
Old 12-26-2005, 05:14 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)
Default Re: T28 Upgrade

turbo, oilllines
i have an s15 t28
greddy downpipe
s15 430cc injectors
safc2
turbosmart boost controller
1500 for all
Old 12-29-2005, 04:14 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 240 SR
im thinking about upgrading turbos from the T25 to the T28 what is all involved in doing the upgrade?

if youve never had the turbo off before and the motor is still in the car its a bitch of a swap.

It takes me 5 hours to do it and i know every bolt and tool needed so expect a little more time for anyone not experienced. The whole manifold/o2 housing and turbo need to come off as one piece. Nissan put a special lock washer on the turbo bolts so the nuts would not spin off. These lock washers do not allow a wrench/socket to go around them and they are very inaccessable. so the manifold needs to come off. all the lines are the worst part of the swap.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:16 AM
HEY, Fuck You!!!

Dkeeper240 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Greaser
if youve never had the turbo off before and the motor is still in the car its a bitch of a swap.

It takes me 5 hours to do it and i know every bolt and tool needed so expect a little more time for anyone not experienced. The whole manifold/o2 housing and turbo need to come off as one piece. Nissan put a special lock washer on the turbo bolts so the nuts would not spin off. These lock washers do not allow a wrench/socket to go around them and they are very inaccessable. so the manifold needs to come off. all the lines are the worst part of the swap.
5 Hours? You're talking about uninstall and install,right. First time I took all that of it only took like an hour or 2. Yeah the lock washers are a bitch,but you can get to them if you pry the tab back. I was lucky,half of the nuts on my turbo were already loose when I did mine.

Last edited by Dkeeper240; 12-29-2005 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:34 AM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

droping the mani is 10x easyr, and you might as well replace all that hardware while your in there
Old 12-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dkeeper240
5 Hours? You're talking about uninstall and install,right. First time I took all that of it only took like an hour or 2. Yeah the lock washers are a bitch,but you can get to them if you pry the tab back. I was lucky,half of the nuts on my turbo were already loose when I did mine.

removal
installation
burping the motor and checking for fuckups.

This time i said was for fully stock swaps with a/c since we all know all that bs on the shock tower for cold start and ac lines and other bs.