Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

swaying

Old 02-22-2012, 05:48 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anthonydaman has disabled reputation
Default swaying

Ok so i gotta 96 civic coupe, my car seems to sway from the rear end at high speeds or when cracking into it. Like im all over the road. So i put new tires all the way around and had a front end alignment replaced axcels and tierods. Mount and balanced. My suppension is tight and everythings seems normal. except its like when i shift gears it hear a clunk from the rear which is weird like something is hitting something but only when i switch gears at a lower rpm. 1st therw 2nd it shimmys pretty bad only started doing that after my lower balljoint broke and threw me into a ditch but i changed both lower balljoints and replaced the A frame because it was broke in half and bent really bad,changed axels and tierods and got new rim. so im clueless what the problems are any help would be appreciated
Old 02-22-2012, 05:54 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-
Default Re: swaying

Originally Posted by Anthonydaman
Ok so i gotta 96 civic coupe, my car seems to sway from the rear end at high speeds or when cracking into it. Like im all over the road. So i put new tires all the way around and had a front end alignment replaced axcels and tierods. Mount and balanced. My suppension is tight and everythings seems normal. except its like when i shift gears it hear a clunk from the rear which is weird like something is hitting something but only when i switch gears at a lower rpm. 1st therw 2nd it shimmys pretty bad only started doing that after my lower balljoint broke and threw me into a ditch but i changed both lower balljoints and replaced the A frame because it was broke in half and bent really bad,changed axels and tierods and got new rim. so im clueless what the problems are any help would be appreciated
Car body could be tweaked from your wreck....also if you are hearing noise from the rear end an have replaced everything in the front end don't you think you would want to check out the suspension in the rear to see if something may need replaced?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:00 AM
Registered member

its tight back there jacked it up and checked everything
Old 02-22-2012, 06:01 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

What exactly are High Speeds?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:01 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Did you replace the cv axles?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:02 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

just go faster, everything should level out.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:09 AM
Registered member

stats swaying from the rear at like 80+ thought it was tires because when it rains its really bad to were u dont even wanna drive, so had new ones put on. Cv axels are new
Old 02-22-2012, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

stats swaying from the rear at like 80+ thought it was tires because when it rains its really bad to were u dont even wanna drive, so had new ones put on. Cv axels are new
Well first off you don't need to be going 80+mph. Don't drive that fast and it won't happen. It's that simple. It's a damn honda, it's not gonna be stable at 80+mph.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:15 AM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0

That's your problem, you're doing 80+ in a "stock?" totalled civic.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:17 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

sounds like OP is initiating self destruct sequence.

Quick Reply: swaying