Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Suspension Help 99 SI

Old 07-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95MustangGT has disabled reputation
Default Suspension Help 99 SI

I have a 99 SI, when i first bought the car i realized that the passenger rear tire wasn't even with the driver side rear. Basically, the passenger side tire had a half inch gap from the fender well and the driver side rear had about a 1 and a half to a 2 inch gap. Im a tool when it comes to suspension so bare with me. I think its the bolt on the control arm? It was missing and it was wedged between 2 pieces of metal underneath car. So i jacked the car up and took a pry bar and pried out the control arm and found the hole it was supposed to go into. After i did that i couldnt get the bolt started. I jacked the car back down and the tire was even as could be, it was dead center in the middle. Believe it or not tire wear on the back tires are even, even with that bolt just sittin in there. Any ideas what i could do? I can't really see in there where the hell the whole lines up. Anybody have this problem or am i just shit out of luck...
Old 07-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Suspension Help 99 SI

So you've looked at the other side of the car and observed how everything fits together..? It shouldn't be that hard to find where the bolt goes, and if you can look at the other side of the car you can see if you're also missing a nut on the other side.

It would be very helpful to take a picture so people know what you're talking about..