Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

suspension guru's look here

Old 08-02-2007, 11:03 AM
da dragva kokopelli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz
Default suspension guru's look here

alright well heres the deal,

i got some tein lowering springs because its about that time that the coilovers arent going to cut it when my future motor setup is in and running. but my ? and issue is here, i have seen the springs on a integra before and IMO they sit entirely to high for my liking.

so here is my question, i have read from a few places that the top coil can be cut for about a inch drop, now im not to sure about it, i did search honda-tech and got alot of mixed reveiws on it. so i figured id just ask here. is that true and will it totally be like cutting stock springs? will my ride quality go to shit again like the coilovers? and is there anything i can do that isnt ****** rigged to get a little drop out of these springs?

thanks for reading and the time and any responses that may actually hold value here.

now i am going to put the suspension on the car whether there is something i can do about it or not just figured id ask about it all.

thanks
mike
Old 08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Registered Member

krazdracer has disabled reputation
Default Re: suspension guru's look here

i've seen people do it and it turned out great and i've also see some that didn't. When you cut a section out of the spring the way the spring compresses when under load is changed. RIde quality should be better than coilovers but i wouldn't advise it. With the amount of frustration your gonna get, might as well but smaller springs

Hunter

Last edited by krazdracer; 08-02-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

There are tons of springs to choose from for an Integra, there is no reason to ever cut a spring for a car. If you cut them, it changes the whole spring rate profile, which can be a very bad thing. Springs are designed around a certain spring rate, height, etc., and if you cut them you throw all of that out the window. Cutting springs is ghetto; you'd be better off getting a cheap set of springs with the drop that you want than destroying a decent set of springs by cutting them.

If you're worried about ride quality, get springs that have the setup you want. You can get really stiff springs and really soft springs, and anything inbetween. You have one of the most common cars out there for spring choices; pretty much every spring company makes at least one type for your car. Just for clarity though, there are only a few spring makers, all the rest of the companies get them from one of those and slap their logo on the box. Colors change too.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by krazdracer
RIde quality should be better than coilovers but i wouldn't advise it.
Hunter
Depends on what spring you're starting with, and what coilover you're comparing to. That's a totally BS generalization, you can't just say stuff like that.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

Fabrik8 has it right
Old 08-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

krazdracer has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Depends on what spring you're starting with, and what coilover you're comparing to. That's a totally BS generalization, you can't just say stuff like that.
i mean't as in stiffness
Old 08-02-2007, 08:45 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

well they go on tomorrow and ill post before and after pics. we will see i got my fingers crossed
Old 08-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Racetracks

Originally Posted by krazdracer
i mean't as in stiffness
That's exactly what I'm talking about, you can't make that generalization. What if you compare stiff springs and softly sprung coilovers?
You're not getting the point.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:16 AM
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

I think he has only ever had experience with super stiff coilovers and is generalizing that ALL coilovers are like that.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:54 PM
da dragva kokopelli

well me and "brokenboost" installed the teins today and i officially have wheel gap from hell, the car actually looks higher than stock. the ride is absolutely flawless but the look is not for me. i will have pics up soon.

Quick Reply: suspension guru's look here