Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

strongest rods?

Old 01-18-2003, 02:42 PM
~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickyroo has disabled reputation
Default strongest rods?

hey ive seen a lot of people with treated stock rods, like heat treated, shot peened and stuff. how do these hold up against a brand like crower's? also who does the treating? im guessing it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to have your stock rods strengthened than to buy a new pair from crower.
Old 01-18-2003, 02:46 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

My rod's pretty strong.
Old 01-18-2003, 02:51 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

i saw that one coming.
Old 01-18-2003, 02:57 PM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon

you could get a set of eagles for cheap / just a little more then "treated" stock shit
Old 01-18-2003, 03:12 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

eagle all the way
Old 01-18-2003, 03:44 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

get aftermarket and then get them shotpeened. Just to be able to say shotpeened if for nothing else.
Old 01-18-2003, 04:14 PM

black civic is an unknown quantity at this point

depend on how much horsepower you want to make ... eagle rod will break
Old 01-18-2003, 10:37 PM
I'm not into cars

reXer has disabled reputation

I heard Pauter are pretty good... I'm probably gonna use them when the time comes. There's some places that sell Ti rods too, but those don't work into the whole price thing too well... but those are probably the strongest (~$500/each... glad I only have 4 cyls)
Old 01-19-2003, 08:20 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally posted by black civic
depend on how much horsepower you want to make ... eagle rod will break
I personally know of two Hondas that were using these rods on motors pushing close or right at 500 fwhp and had no problems.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:27 PM
A.P.E.

385LT1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Somebody say strong..........?

Quick Reply: strongest rods?