Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

STRANGE idling problem....Please help

Old 03-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power
Default STRANGE idling problem....Please help

Hey i have a very strange problem. i just swaped a high compression GSr in to a 1996 civic dx. it has 78 miles on it..

when it first started everything seemed fine it idled fine. no ticking, no strangge noises, idle surging...nothing.

but as the car heated up the idle began to surge. so i took it out for a test drive. the car runs fine. no sluggish throttle response. revs fine.

BUT HERES THE PROBLEM...whenm i come to a stop of take a corner and i shift in to neutral...BAM...RPMS drop and the car stalls. This only happens when i press the clutch in. i can ride the rpms down and it will be fine. its not untill i disengage the clutch that it dies.

I relly have no clue where to start. If id had to guess it would be one of the sensor that the ecu reads after the car reaches opperating temp because the car runs fine untill thermostat opens....please lmk if this has happened to you and what you did to fix it
Old 03-30-2011, 03:10 PM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STRANGE idling problem....Please help

map, coolant temp tps are the ones to look at also when the car gets out of open loop fast idle condition is it tuned correctly what injectors etc etc etc needs to be taken into account as well. also make sure its full of coolant so the iacv isn't falling on its face and not stepping correctly.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Iac valve?
Old 03-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power

its a brand new iac valve...hope its not that but it happens.. im gonna pull the codes when i get home. ill see what direction that points me in. ill hit up alldata and look up the test for those sensors....and the injectors are OBD2 but is being run by and P05...and the injector ane just sodered on. idk i got the motor in a box so i should have expected this. the harness was pretty chopped and screwed.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

i mean it runs good untill it gets in closed loop...so it has to be one of those sensor. if it was fuel i would thin kit wouldnt run good at all
Old 04-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

its the IAT sensor