Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Strange happenings...

Old 08-11-2010, 06:40 PM
woot! :D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these parts
Default Strange happenings...

...well maybe it isn't so strange. Just annoying.
Vehicle: 1990 240sx
Engine: KA24E
Tranny: 5spd manual
Mods:None
Problem: When im driving and i have my foot on the accelerator, the engine speed decreases in such a way that it feels as if i took my foot off of the accelerator, left the clutch in, and left it in gear. So its that slow deceleration you get when you take your foot off. When it happens, I try to speed up, but the engine doesn't respond to any changes in throttle position. Then it will fix itself and everything runs fine. It will only last for a second, sometimes half a second. Sometimes in quick succession so the car jerks quite a bit. Sometimes ill put the clutch in so its disengaged but ill just leave it in gear and the engine will shut off completely. I just engage the clutch again and the engine comes back on (like push starting it, basically). When at idle, it acts funny. It doesn't do the vacuum leak dance through the lower RPM ranges, but what will happen is when it first comes to idle, it goes all the way down to 400-500 RPM, stays for a sec, and then slowly works it's way up to about 1100-1200 RPM. I tried adjusting the idle because i found the TPS to be down all the way at the lowest idle speed. I put it at about center (BTW, it didn't start slowly climbing RPM until after i did that, so i know the problem with that, duh).
Question: WTF?
My theory: TPS is going bad maybe?
Thanks in advance guys.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:50 AM

The Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Strange happenings...

Bump for boredom.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:59 AM

Anyone else?
Old 08-14-2010, 09:28 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

someone mention boredom??

my guess is something electrical. dizzy/coil packs or alternator.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:33 AM

Haha nice.

Ill check that out too. Thanks, man.