Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Stock SRT-4 sub wiring help

Old 02-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black6gen can only hope to improve
Question Stock SRT-4 sub wiring help

Okmy boy just pulled his stock sub and amp out of hit SRT-4 and said i could have i but i having a little trouble figuring out wich wires are wich.

Here is a pic

Im pretty sure the red is power and the black is ground. Does anyone know wich is wich or know of the best way to figure it out?

Any help is apriciated.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

chowe has disabled reputation
Default Re: Stock SRT-4 sub wiring help

I would guess that the grey/grey black and green/green black are the speaker inputs. Grey would be right and the green would be left. Solid grey and solid green are positive and there is no turnon lead, it looks to be voltage triggered. Are there RCA's on the amp? More pictures would help.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

toyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the rough

Looks like
RED = Power
BLACK = Ground
GREEN pair are speaker (left or right)
GRAY pair are speaker (left or right)
If the sub is in a box, there might me a factory crossover, amp, or filter in there before the wires go to the actual sub speaker. I'm just guessing, but I hope that helps.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

Originally Posted by chowe
I would guess that the grey/grey black and green/green black are the speaker inputs. Grey would be right and the green would be left. Solid grey and solid green are positive and there is no turnon lead, it looks to be voltage triggered. Are there RCA's on the amp? More pictures would help.
Nope no rca's. Just a 10inch sup and a 100watt amp.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:16 PM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

your red is going to be the power and black the ground. the other wires are going to be you speaker inputs your going to have a hard time to get the to work in your car b/c you dont have any rca's to run the signal to the amp. this means your going to splice one of you rear speaker's with the amp to give it signal. the problem with this is your going to get your highs and mids throught the sub (you want just the lows 80hz and below), which means it is going to be crazy distorted. unless you just ditch the factory amp buy an after market one and just use the sub. any further questions pm me.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:29 PM
i <3 my neon

TheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the rough

Give it to me!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 03:54 PM
The Cool

Peezy Peezy Peezy Peezy Peezy

I pretty sure you could buy a line in line out converter for Pep Boys and use that. All you have to do is tap into the + & - lines of the rear speakers. Or in your case use the wires in the picture to hook the converter up and then ground it. Then you'll be able to plug up the RCAs to it and you should be good to go. I had to do this because I put a sub and an amp in my car and kept my stock headunit.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

So just buy a RCA converter for the amp inputs and run RCA's from the head unit?
Old 02-21-2008, 04:35 PM
The Cool

Peezy Peezy Peezy Peezy Peezy

See what you'll need to do is buy the converter, tap in the speakers + & - lines, and ground the converter. Once you've done this then you plug one end of the RCAs into the converter and then the other end plugs into the amp. You won't have to run RCAs from the headunit if you do it this way. You just have to run a remote wire from the headunit to the amp. Then run your power wire, ground the amp and hook up the subs, and it should work fine.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

But there are no RCA inputs on the amp.

Quick Reply: Stock SRT-4 sub wiring help