Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

stiff brakes and shaking engine

Old 08-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Hi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be
Default stiff brakes and shaking engine

Car: 2000 Kia Sephia

Recent Work: New p/s pressure hose, alternator, and battery (done this past weekend)

Problem: The brake pedal is very stiff and when pressed, the car barely stops. It takes a good distance to come to a complete stop. The car was drivin along time with no master cylinder cap. (i was not aware of this until i looked under the hood and quickly fixed that) Also, the engine has a noticeable shake when driving and sitting at idle.

My Thoughts: With the master cylinder now having a cap, the pressure has built up and the brakes need to be bled. The engine needs a tune-up. (new plugs, wires, oil and filter, air filter) The last tune-up of this car is unknown.

Im sorry if this is hard to read and understand. I tried to make this as simple and organized as possible. I need a solution to this ASAP, as it is the only working vehical in the household and shared between 3 people. Please feel free to ask any question to clarify anything and give any ideas or advice to resolve the problems! TIA!!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:34 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: stiff brakes and shaking engine

sound like the power booster is not working...
Old 08-31-2010, 06:36 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

and if the master clylinder was empty and sucked in air then it would need to be bled...i would bleed them first...start with the right rear,left rear.right front,left front...

and see what it feels like
Old 08-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Hi

Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be

Originally Posted by nftuatn
sound like the power booster is not working...
anything i can do/test to confirm this?
money is tight and i dont want to purchase unneeded parts

EDIT: Ill try it tomorrow, thank god i have tomorrow off. lol
Old 08-31-2010, 06:39 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

well bleed them first..and if they dont work...then you will check power booster..

and the vibration is more than likely a bad motor mount...the engine is sitting on the frame instead of being suspended by rubber
Old 08-31-2010, 06:41 PM
Hi

well bleed them first..and if they dont work...then you will check power booster..

and the vibration is more than likely a bad motor mount...the engine is sitting on the frame instead of being suspended by rubber
i dont think its a motor mount, ive drivin a car with a bad mount and it doesnt really feel the same.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:42 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

i mean its hard to say on the vibration...is the cel on?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi

i mean its hard to say on the vibration...is the cel on?
no, it was on for the longest time, aswell as airbag light? but since the work i did this past weekend, no lights are on.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:47 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

well it probably cleared itself when you replaced the alt ...but it will still have stored codes in the memory.

if you dont mind spending a few bucks,swing it on by and i will tell you whats wrong with it.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:50 PM
Hi

how much and location?
i was actually lookin for a good place to have it looked at by a professional, for a decent price.

Pm me if youd like. (as far as pricing?)