Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

stealth motor swap question

Old 07-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1sloEX has disabled reputation
Exclamation stealth motor swap question

i have a 91 dodge stealth im looking to do a swap. i found a jdm motor for a 93 3000gt. probably dumb question, but the engine code for the 90-92 models are 6g72de, the 93 motor im looking at is 6g72 whats the de? and will this motor match my car without mods? im looking for a clean swap with no custom work. please any info will help. thanks

Last edited by 1sloEX; 07-24-2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: stealth motor swap question

the d i would assume is dual cam and the E is electronic fuel injecton. they should be the same, the last 2 were just left off.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:45 AM
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

hey man i think i got a motor and tranny at home for your car. i pulled it out of a car that my dad got hit in from behind. it has less than 65000 miles on it. im not sure what it is though.let me know if your interested .
Old 07-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

the 93 and up engines used a cam sensor along with the crank sensor. easy way to tell is there are 2 plugs that come out of the timing cover. the 93+ has 4 bolt mains also, and typically have less miles on them...but also cost more.

they are 6G72 engines. mits. doesnt use the "DE"...thats a nissan thing
Old 07-25-2006, 11:15 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

why on earth would anyone pull a stock motor just to replace it with an identical motor?

You doing this for practice? Or did your motor blow up?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
why on earth would anyone pull a stock motor just to replace it with an identical motor?

You doing this for practice? Or did your motor blow up?
i bought the car for the body to build. its my first build and i dont know much about cars. but i most def have friends helping me. the guy who owned it before me blew a head gasket and warped the heads and block basicaly no good. im just trying to get the thing running right now. ill be building it later.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:57 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

block is iron, it's fine. heads MIGHT be warped, should have them checked though. you might be fine just swapping gaskets.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by drifterJERRY
the 93 and up engines used a cam sensor along with the crank sensor. easy way to tell is there are 2 plugs that come out of the timing cover. the 93+ has 4 bolt mains also, and typically have less miles on them...but also cost more.

they are 6G72 engines. mits. doesnt use the "DE"...thats a nissan thing
so your saying the 93+ motor should work it'll just have a couple extra wires hanging off? and whats the 4 bolt main? im sorry if these are realy stupid questions but im just trying to get into this and learn about cars. im interested just never had anyone who would show me before.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:22 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, the later model will work as a longblock. you will have prolly have to swap the intake manifold. and yes, there will be a few sensors that will not be utilized in your application.

the '# bolt main' is how many bolts hold the crankshaft main caps to the block, thus hold the crank in. that technically makes it a 'stronger' motor, but i have rarely heard of that enginewith crank problems. mostly timing belts brake and bend the valves.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

hey drifterJERRY thanks alot you been alot of help. imma go ahead and order this motor. ill keep y'all posted on weather or not his is gonna work!

Quick Reply: stealth motor swap question