Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Stage 2 DOHC vtec cams

Old 05-23-2003, 05:57 AM
The Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to all
Default Stage 2 DOHC vtec cams

I was wonderin if anybody has some and how they perform. Just want some insight thats all.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:29 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Your question is a little vague. Manufacturer of the camshafts would be nice.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:58 PM
dRive haRd

Iceman is an unknown quantity at this point

Skunk2 stage 2 is great.
TODA Stage 2 is Freaken insane!
Old 05-24-2003, 02:45 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

It's also going to depend on the motor setup you are running as well. Keep that in mind. Just because a set of camshafts works good for consumer A doesn't mean that they are going to be right for you.
Old 05-24-2003, 05:10 AM
dRive haRd

Iceman is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya usally when you upgrade to stage 2 cams, you need to upgrade to higher compression pistons, Adj camgears, throttle body, and head gasket.
Old 05-24-2003, 06:49 AM
Asshole Supreme

Those parts aren't necessary when upgrading camshafts if you choose the proper grind for your setup. A new valvetrain that can control the valves properly at the increased lift, duration and ramp rates is almost a necessity. What kind of motor are you looking at upgrading the camshafts in? What kind of power increases are you looking for? Where in the powerband do you want to emphasize the power increase? These are questions you need to ask yourself, and find the answers to, when choosing camshafts.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:14 PM
The Wizard

TempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to all

all i wanted to know was if anybody was usin some and how they performed. thats all
Old 05-24-2003, 03:40 PM
Asshole Supreme

Ok, I was using Crower 63402's, sorry stage 2's, and the exhaust cam broke in 4 pieces. I did over rev the motor when this happened, but that should not have caused the damage it did.
Old 05-24-2003, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

the question is not something just can just be answered..they are diffrent brands each brand has its ups and downs. THe setup you run will cause these good and bad point so by you asking if they are anygood you are implying that you want some. SO if that is the case some info is needed from your side. I plan on useing STAGE 2 STREET/STRIP cams when I start my projet car. I also plan on building the HEAD to handle the setup I want. SO AGAIN each setup is diffrent and will have difrent results
Old 05-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Registered Offender

Mr. Rooney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Iceman
Ya usally when you upgrade to stage 2 cams, you need to upgrade to higher compression pistons, Adj camgears, throttle body, and head gasket.

biggest dumbass award.

Quick Reply: Stage 2 DOHC vtec cams