Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Srs light help (97 civic)

Old 02-17-2011, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz Madhatchz
Default Srs light help (97 civic)

Like the title says i need help with the srs light on my 97 civic. My car is completely stock, but i just failed inspection because my srs light does not come on when you start the car. After looking at the cluster for awhile, i really dont believe my car has an srs light or something to that nature. My car does have airbags on the both the steering wheel and pass. side dash board. My question is was there a year they started making it to where you need a srs light in the car? (btw i took my car to the honda dealership and they wouldnt tell me much other then i would have to pay atleast 100 bucks for them to look at it)

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:31 AM
woot! :D

The Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Srs light help (97 civic)

You have an SRS light. See if the bulb is out.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Srs light help (97 civic)

I'm guessing whoever you bought it from had an SRS problem and disconnected the light, or the light is blown out, or there is a wiring problem and the light isn't connected.