Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

SRI problem...I think

Old 04-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
n0m3d has disabled reputation
Default SRI problem...I think

Ok, so I have a Injen SRI and as you all may know it makes that sort-of whistling/turbo spooling sound when you are at around quarter throttle. Tonight I was driving and didn't notice until I got in my drive way that it stopped making the sound yesterday. Seeing as I didn't think of it until just now and its dark out I can't really go try and find out what stopped the noise. I realize it makes this noise due to the tube inside the tube thing, but I don't think that is related to the sound being gone...any ideas?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Keeping It Real !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer
Default Re: SRI problem...I think

Originally Posted by n0m3d
Ok, so I have a Injen SRI and as you all may know it makes that sort-of whistling/turbo spooling sound when you are at around quarter throttle. Tonight I was driving and didn't notice until I got in my drive way that it stopped making the sound yesterday. Seeing as I didn't think of it until just now and its dark out I can't really go try and find out what stopped the noise. I realize it makes this noise due to the tube inside the tube thing, but I don't think that is related to the sound being gone...any ideas?

1) (if its a brand new purchase ignore), otherwise check for any holes in the filter & piping. Make sure your filter is clean.
2) Make sure your connectors are tight enough. Don't over tighten it otherwise it will snap.
3) Make sure your filter fits properly (straight fitment not angled)
4) Overall its suppose to make some sort of sound when you press the gas pedal.