Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

sr20det jumpy idle/jumpy light acceleration

Old 06-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi
Default sr20det jumpy idle/jumpy light acceleration

hey guys iv been searching on the internet about this problem im having with my sr but cant find anything exactly related. i just got my ecu back from jwt last week and have had little problems with trying to get it back to normal. i just replaced spark plugs because i thought i might have fouled some plugs got new plugs but that didnt fix it. it still is kind of jumpy on idle and when i just drive and hold like 2000 to 3000 rpms in any gear it just jumps and skips a little bit. it didnt do this before i sent my ecu to jwt. i have brand new injector and they arent leaking anywhere. im leaning towards vacuum leak maybe? my vac reads at 15 but it used read at 19. help would be appreciated.

and this is an s13 stock sr, sr maf, full 3 inch exhaust

could it be dirty maf? idle control valve?

please give me some feedback and tell me what you all think it might be. thanks
Old 06-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Registered member

ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi ragingsemi
Default Re: sr20det jumpy idle/jumpy light acceleration

and it only jumps on a light acceleration at low boost other than that when im at full boost it pulls like a beast.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Boost LeRoy

blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv

what's your timing set at? did you change anything other than the ecu? why did you need an ecu tune for a stock sr? i'd definitely check the system for vac/boost leaks.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Registered member

i havent checked the timing but how would that change by just getting a new ecu? and i got it because that was the only way of getting rid of my awful fuel cut because the stock ecu was cutting fuel. and i was going to vac/boost leak test today. thanks for the help though
Old 06-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by ragingsemi
i havent checked the timing but how would that change by just getting a new ecu?
Because the tune has modified ignition maps...?
Old 06-23-2012, 12:59 PM
N2OWNED

99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Because the tune has modified ignition maps...?
Holy Christ! Logical response!

If it ran fine and you changed nothing except the ECU, and it now runs like shit, it is probably the ECU.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Registered member

alright no boost leak! i guess timing is off ill check that next . thoughts can keep coming though. thanks for the help so far
Old 06-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Registered member

it doesnt run like shit at all it just has like little hickups i guess you could say! and it takes a second for the car to turn over when you start it, and i have to give it a little bit of gas for it to start. i have also been looking at what the timing should be at, i have seen some people say 13* and i have seen some people say 15*? what should it be?
Old 06-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Boost LeRoy

blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv

Old 06-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by blksylv
thanks

Quick Reply: sr20det jumpy idle/jumpy light acceleration