Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

SR20DET fuel issue's....Please help....I dont ask much.....

Old 08-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SR20DET fuel issue's....Please help....I dont ask much.....

Ok ..... I was having major problems getting my car started after the swap (blacktop S13 into an S14) I have found out now that my injectors (50# MSD's) are not working, they leak a little but do not spray fuel, they also have no signal while testing the plug with the test light....??????

I can get the car to sputter with carb cleaner, and I know its not the timming, I pulled my fuel rail and injectors out and even tried to start the car with the injectors out to see if they sprayed, they did not....This is the only thing holding me back from meeting my goal on the 14th of this month (sat)......

I really need help......

-Jeff
Old 08-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Banned

Hayashi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SR20DET fuel issue's....Please help....I dont ask much.....

ummm.... get new injectors... would work... or you wired somthing wrong.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hayashi
ummm.... get new injectors... would work... or you wired somthing wrong.

It is wired fine, they were getting continuity about 2 months ago and now they arent.....

Thanks for the obvious dipshit, But i dont think I'll be getting rid of brand new never used MSD injectors.....

Anyone else got an idea of what the problem is? I've never had a problem with this on any of my SR's or the ppl ive done swaps for......

I'm thinking it something stoopid and simple but im just too burnt out on it to figure it out.....this has been the longest swap I have ever done..........
Old 08-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Cruising @ 8000ft

hatch77 is an unknown quantity at this point

check your fuel filter and your fuel pump relay to make sure it's connected and stuff.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:26 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by hatch77
check your fuel filter and your fuel pump relay to make sure it's connected and stuff.

WTF?! he has pressure...just no NOID

what are you lacking? are you having 12v on one side of the inj? or are you having the ground pulse? check with a voltmeter to see if you have 12v key on ign voltage on one of the inj. wires. if you dont, you need to see why you dont have it, i dont recall exactly how they are wired (wiring schematics are your friend!) but if you have a schematic, i can figure it out for ya.

it isnt a honda, so i am not gonna make fun of you...i will actually help on this one
Old 08-10-2004, 07:17 AM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

I bet you the fuel lines are reversed. You wouldnt believe how common that is.

-Mike
Old 08-10-2004, 08:00 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by mpg9999
I bet you the fuel lines are reversed. You wouldnt believe how common that is.

-Mike
Originally Posted by RatedV
they leak a little but do not spray fuel, they also have no signal while testing the plug with the test light....??????

its a signal issue...not fuel pressure (more then likely...)
Old 08-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

MSD's suck ass. i've been through 3 sets of them.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:43 AM

projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det projsr20det

Originally Posted by RatedV
It is wired fine, they were getting continuity about 2 months ago and now they arent.....

Anyone else got an idea of what the problem is? I've never had a problem with this on any of my SR's or the ppl ive done swaps for......

I'm thinking it something stoopid and simple but im just too burnt out on it to figure it out.....this has been the longest swap I have ever done..........
High ohm MSD 50# injectors should read about 12 ohms, measuring at the injector w/ harness clip disconnected.

IIRC, the trigger signal from the ecu to each injector is only 5 volts- not too sure if you will read that with a test light- try a voltmeter. Do you have good continuity between each injector plug to the ecu? What type of ecu?

Edit:You might want to recheck the ecu harness for disconnected grounds also.

Last edited by projsr20det; 08-10-2004 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

you wont get a test light to light up if you are testing injectors. Hook it up to a relay and listen for a click. power the 85 to 12volts and power 86 with the - injector lead. (the injectors fire by ecu giving a - trigger)

Quick Reply: SR20DET fuel issue's....Please help....I dont ask much.....