Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

speedometer F*cked! please read

Old 06-24-2004, 08:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHIKNtoe2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default speedometer F*cked! please read

my speedo is actin up....like ill be cruzin at speed limit and my speedo will act like a tach and jump everytime i press the gas....liek it will go from 80 to 20 back to 90 then just go to any # it wants to? is the VSS(vehicle speed sensor going bad or what)....and my check engin lite is on too will that cause it to come on if my VSS is bvad or loose or shorted out....all the fuses are good tho and iuno what else to check....checked all relays under hood and dash all fuses and wires and connections
Old 06-24-2004, 09:05 PM
Fucks wit it

MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick
Default Re: speedometer F*cked! please read

bump for brandon, i drove his car tongiht and it told me that i was oing 120 in a 25
Old 06-24-2004, 09:26 PM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

if your throwing a CEL check the damn thing,
Old 06-25-2004, 08:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99blackcivicsi
if your throwing a CEL check the damn thing,
there isnt a light blinking on the ecu that i can see so maybe obd2 cars dont hacve lights and you have to get a decoder...... iuno but someone help me out with this.....if their is a light someone tell me where it is
Old 06-25-2004, 08:14 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

First off, what kind of ca is this? If it's a Honda, there must be a trillion forums/FAQs on the web that can decode your CEL. That will tell you everything with that. Otherwise your cable is probably loose or damaged between the tranny and the dash. Could be the sensor in the tranny, too...I doubt that either would throw a code though.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

stock ford is an unknown quantity at this point

dude i have a 92 hatchback, and mine just started doing the same shit. When my speedometer acctually works it bounces like 10 mile an hour back and forth, then sometime's it will just go to zero and my odometer won't even turn. then when my car warm's up the check engine light will come on and it will idle at like 500 rpm's. WTF is wrong with my shit also????????????????? help please (sorry just thought we might have the same kind of problem.)
Old 06-25-2004, 08:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stock ford
dude i have a 92 hatchback, and mine just started doing the same shit. When my speedometer acctually works it bounces like 10 mile an hour back and forth, then sometime's it will just go to zero and my odometer won't even turn. then when my car warm's up the check engine light will come on and it will idle at like 500 rpm's. WTF is wrong with my shit also????????????????? help please (sorry just thought we might have the same kind of problem.)
dude mine does the same thing when the motor warms up it will idle fine but my check engin lite will come on.....WTF......
Old 06-25-2004, 08:37 AM
Ghost

Originally Posted by CHIKNtoe2002
dude mine does the same thing when the motor warms up it will idle fine but my check engin lite will come on.....WTF......
Could be EGR then. YOur EGR allows exhaust gases back into your intake to warm it up and it is supposed to stop when the engine warms up...if it is still allowing too much your car will idle/run like ass when it's warm. This will also throw a CEL...so once again look up procedures and check your codes.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Banned

also i had a lil electrical fire about 3 dayz ago in my car......i had a wire in the fuse box going to the alternator sensor and i guess it was way too much voltage going thru the wire i had, so it melted my oil pressure guage and my lights to the guages on my pillar.....so to forewarn you...if you need to hook up some guage lights DONT hook them up to the alternator sensor or whatever its called....so maybe i melted that wire and their is a bad connection or the wire is barely touching /////b/c b4 the fire they worked fine.....ill be damned if i have to take apart the dash board and their is nothing wrong ill be pissed......i also reset the ECU by disconnectiong the neg(-) terminal on the battery overnight and i thought it would work but my check engin light still comes on when the car starts
Old 06-25-2004, 09:06 AM
Ghost

Ok, I'm going to try not to flame you for this last post, but be warned the temptation may overwhelm me as I type...

You had an overcurrent condition in your electrical system UNDER YOUR DASH, after which you started having electrical problems, and you THINK it MIGHT have something to do with it?! Well no shit, sherlock. Reseting your ECU is a good idea if you don't give a shit what it thinks you need to address...but with fires happening in your rather important electrical system that made your car run like shit now, then I WOULD THINK YOU WOULD WANT TO ADDRESS IT!

Quick Reply: speedometer F*cked! please read