Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Speeding up the Slo

Old 10-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin
Thumbs up Speeding up the Slo

Allright, I have a 94' Del Sol with a B18b1

Stock- the motor should turn a 9.2:1 C.R. Correct?

In the very near future I'm picking up a (according to seller) Garret air research turbo (.57 trim), "log style" manifold, johnny racing FMIC, and knockoff BOV and WG (10lb. spring). The BOV and WG will be replaced ASAP. I'm still seeing if I'm going to get oil lines and injectors. If I don't get injectors, how many cc's should I look into getting?

With the way my motor sits (It's an H-motors swap, so I'm hoping low mileage), what should I look out for? What size injectors would I need? Will my 2.25" exhaust be enough? How far can I push the boost? What kind of numbers would I look at after a decent tuning (Shad is going to be who I go for)? What should I buy to replace internals? Clutch suggestions?

Sorry about all the questions, just looking for good answers.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Re: Speeding up the Slo

Originally Posted by Kris.is.awesome
Allright, I have a 94' Del Sol with a B18b1

Stock- the motor should turn a 9.2:1 C.R. Correct?

In the very near future I'm picking up a (according to seller) Garret air research turbo (.57 trim), "log style" manifold, johnny racing FMIC, and knockoff BOV and WG (10lb. spring). The BOV and WG will be replaced ASAP. I'm still seeing if I'm going to get oil lines and injectors. If I don't get injectors, how many cc's should I look into getting?

With the way my motor sits (It's an H-motors swap, so I'm hoping low mileage), what should I look out for? What size injectors would I need? Will my 2.25" exhaust be enough? How far can I push the boost? What kind of numbers would I look at after a decent tuning (Shad is going to be who I go for)? What should I buy to replace internals? Clutch suggestions?

Sorry about all the questions, just looking for good answers.
Just idea getting rid of the BOV and wastegate. Get a Tial 38mm, you won't regret it. Get a nice blowoff valve so you don't have to worry about it sticking open or anything.

I got my oil lines from StealthModePerformance off Honda-tech...they were nice as a bitch, and got here in like 3 days. Injectors, depends on horsepower goals. NOTHING less than 440's, make sure to get saturated injectors (plug and play).

2.25 exhaust would honestly choke the shit out of the engine. I was running 2.75 from the downpipe, straight back. Nothing else got in the way, just piping straight to the Greddy Evo...was perfect. Go at least 2.5 inches.

If you are SET on doing internals...just do rods and pistons. That should be good for a pretty good amount of boost. LS's are pretty stout as it is, they do just fine with boost stock, as long as your aren't being retarded with a boost controller

The only real suggestion I would say, TUNE IT. If you are going to run 10psi of boost, you will need a good tune to maximize performance, and more than likely eliminate most problems that occur with untuned setups. 10psi well tuned...about 245 whp. At least compared to the ones I've seen.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

What are the stock injectors- that's a number i could not find.

it comes with a 3" DP. I will tune it- for sure. But I'd like to get a 5lb spring and run it how it sits for right now.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:28 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by Kris.is.awesome
What are the stock injectors- that's a number i could not find.

it comes with a 3" DP. I will tune it- for sure. But I'd like to get a 5lb spring and run it how it sits for right now.
240cc is stock.

You'll need to buy more parts to be able to run it untuned ie. FMU and check valves/missing link. it's not worth it. for this money you can chip and tune.

-look into 550cc injectors
-replace bov and wg
-keep stock internals
-Run 10lbs and look for 230-260hp
-act clutch hdss or xtss cause i know this is your daily.
-you'll be fine with your current exhaust.

Last edited by B-Well; 10-19-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Banned

DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point

or just some DSM 450cc injectors, with resistor box. takes a whole 5mins to install. im staying with peak and hold plugs in the future also when I get my 880cc.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Plenty of options- keep em coming
Old 10-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered member

AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx AWDAerioSx

Go to bed Kris.

Last edited by AWDAerioSx; 10-19-2007 at 09:03 PM.