Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Speed Sensor/crank Angle Sensor

Old 06-17-2004, 06:32 AM
1st timmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
todb84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Speed Sensor/crank Angle Sensor

where is the speed sensor. mine is bad and i need to replace it. it won't show you in the haynes manual i guess because they don't want you to diconnect it (so miles won't go on your car). does anyone know? i have a 90 accord. i also recently got some insight on a crank angle sensor but i want to make sure it is under the timing cover. is it? does anyone have any answers to my crank angle sensor problem? just need to know where it's located cause i need to replace that too.(also not in the haynes manual.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:39 AM
WHO ELSE BOWLS?

kevdog_09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Speed Sensor/crank Angle Sensor

Originally Posted by todb84
where is the speed sensor. mine is bad and i need to replace it. it won't show you in the haynes manual i guess because they don't want you to diconnect it (so miles won't go on your car). does anyone know? i have a 90 accord. i also recently got some insight on a crank angle sensor but i want to make sure it is under the timing cover. is it? does anyone have any answers to my crank angle sensor problem? just need to know where it's located cause i need to replace that too.(also not in the haynes manual.

well since i work @ a honda dealer...i asked a tech. speed sensor sits on top of the transmission. its a small piece about 2"x2" with a plug. it screws down with two screws. you might have to move your intake hoses out of the way to see it. as far as the crank angle sensor, it is part of the distributor assy. you would have to buy a dist. assy. hope this helps you out.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:40 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Speed sensor should be in the tranny.. some honda guy help find the right plug.

Why do you need to replace your crank angle sensor? It's in your distributor, follow the spark plugs to the side of the engine, and there should be a black plastic piece that covers your rotor (part of the ignition system) and your distributor is inside the engine. you can take it out, but it can be a pain to put back in if you've never done it before. So I suggest taking it to someone who knows what they're doing

Last edited by Carter; 06-17-2004 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:40 AM
1st timmer

yeah i just bought a new distributor so the distributor assembly is what i need?
Old 06-17-2004, 06:41 AM
1st timmer

i replaced the distributor already but the car still shows check engine light and the car still acts up
Old 06-17-2004, 08:16 AM
1st timmer

So Help?