Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!! O2 SENSOR PROBLEM

Old 10-16-2006, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sir92hatch has disabled reputation
Default SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!! O2 SENSOR PROBLEM

The problem i am having is the 4 wire O2 sensor i bought has 1 black 2 white 1 gray When i hook up the O2 sensor STill have the code and it wont clear. When i jump the connector i Get 1 long flash .

This page outlines exactly how to convert your Civic CX one-wire or Civic VX seven-wire Oxygen sensor equipped car to use a standard Honda four wire oxygen sensor. This is useful for DOHC VTEC engine swaps into Civics without the standard Honda four wire oxygen sensor. This is provded based on Hybrid Automotives first hand experience dealing with these issues while doing customer engine swaps. Another great service courtesy of Hybrid Autmotive. Enjoy! Before proceeding, please note:

All wiring/plug diagrams shown on this page are referenced to the TERMINAL side of the plug, not the WIRE side.
All wore colors mentioned are based upon the 92-95 Civic chassis. If you are using a different plug (from and Integra for example) the colors likely will not match. The terminal locations and their connections WILL be correct, however. So pay attention to wire location, and you will be fine
The easiest approach to doing this conversion is to start with the correct four wire plug, and make the necessary connections to the existing seven wire oxygen sensor circuit & engine wire harness wires. This is the approach we employ as we find it to be the most straight foreword.

12341-GRN/WHT 2-WHT 3-ORN/BLK 4-YEL/BLK

1234567X1-WHT 2-GRN/WHT 3-BLK 4-YEL/BLK 5-ORN 6-ORN/BLU 7-WHT/BLU

These diagrams represent the FEMALE wiring plug on the engine wire harness that the oxygen sensor plugs into. Cut the existing seven wire oxygen sensor off of the engine wire harness and connect the four wire oxygen sensor plug to the engine wire harness in the following way:

1 - Connect GRN/WHT on the four wire oxygen sensor plug to the GRN/WHT wire from the seven wire plug. (This is in wire location two on the seven wire plug.)

2 - Connect WHT wire on four wire oxygen sensor plug to the OAR/BLU wire from the seven wire plug. (This is in wire location six on the seven wire plug.)

3 - Connect OAR/BLK on the four wire oxygen sensor plug to the YEL/BLK wire from the seven wire plug. (This is in wire location four on the seven wire plug.)

4 - Connect YLW/BLK on the four wire oxygen sensor plug to the YLW/BLK wires that connect to the fuel injectors, IACV sensor, or EVAP Purge Control Solenoid Valve. All of these sensors/components share the same YLW/BLK circuit.