Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

snapped my tranny differential, is the gsr tranny stronger???

Old 02-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The real Ryan has disabled reputation
Default snapped my tranny differential, is the gsr tranny stronger???

i have a b16 hydro tranny on a built ls motor, the motor is a tourqe monster and snaped the differential. is the gsr tranny made to hold higher amounts of tourqe or is it most likely the tranny was just ready to go. i also think a phantom grip will help even out the load.just wandering if anyone else has done this before i decide to rebuild it.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:53 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: snapped my tranny differential, is the gsr tranny stronger???

unless it is the factory lsd differentials,i think the differentials are the same,im using a non lsd out of a b16, you might want to look at your suspension as secondary reasons for your differential snapping, odds are, its not your amount of torque that is snapping your diffs, how did it snap, on street tires, or slicks?, launching hard? do you have lots of wheel hop?.....and how much torque are you making?.....im on my 3rd differential and mine only broke when i raced on slicks, and i think it was because of the suspension setup and the axles binding putting lots of excessive pressure on the diff......

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 02-17-2004 at 03:37 AM.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation
Default Re: snapped my tranny differential, is the gsr tranny stronger???

that is the same tranny i am using and yeah there is insane wheel hop i was thinking of using a less sticky street tire. i have inline pro motor mounts and they are solid as hell. should i try replacing the 2 side tourqe mounts with stock ones and leave the back tourqe mount in? i have no idea what tourqe numbers im putting out i just broke the motor in. suspension set up is coilovers on kyb agxs.