Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Slow heat

Old 01-11-2011, 05:17 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
deno279 has disabled reputation
Default Slow heat

I start my teg in the mornings to warm it up bout 15 minutes or so before i leave the crib. So the car heats up and everything, so why does the air not blow hot until I start moving? I have fluid in my radiator. Do I have a clog or maybe or some circulation issues. This same thing would happen in my supra...it happens less in my teg but it still happens. Anyone know what's goin on? Thanks fellas.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:47 AM
woot! :D

The Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these partsThe Guy is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Slow heat

Does the coolant temp rise while sitting there, but blows out cold air unless you start to move or does the temp stay below normal operating temp until you start moving?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It's probably not flowing much water through the heater core when the car is idling. When you start moving and the RPM goes up, the water pump moves faster. That might explain it, but probably not. Also, the engine warms up a lot faster when you're moving because the engine is under load. At idle, it takes a long time to warm up because the engine load is the lightest it will ever be.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:03 AM
Registered Member

deno279 has disabled reputation

Yeah the coolant temp rises and everything looks normal, just cold air though til I start moving.