Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Skunk 2 stage III cams

Old 12-15-2003, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AztecRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skunk 2 stage III cams

does anyone here use these cams? my roomate installed my cams while i was deployed. originally i ordered stage II cams, but he said they were stage IIIs. it's a street car. gonna tune the car as soon as i get back friday. probably going to Abacus to get it tuned. unless someone has know of a better place.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:00 PM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii

Well i hope you upgraded your Valves & Springs. Cause If you got stock ones still on, i wouldnt drive the car around!
Old 12-15-2003, 12:32 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

If you truely indeed have Skunk III's and no other upgraded iternals, you are wasting your time. Those cams need a good amount of static compression to function properly.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:07 AM

AztecRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah forgot about that part. i did upgrade the valvetrain. i have skunk 2 valvesprings and skunk ti retainers. the cams are in a jdm itr motor. you saying that compression is still to low? i was thinking about getting a mugen/toda head gasket, but i'm really afraid the valves will be a little to close to the pistons. really don't want those touching now do i?
Old 12-16-2003, 11:27 AM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii

Go with Mugen head gasket
Old 12-16-2003, 12:02 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

You will be fine with the Mugen gasket. And in my opinion, yes that CR is still too low.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:56 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by 0psi
You will be fine with the Mugen gasket. And in my opinion, yes that CR is still too low.
w/o the mugen head gasket it's even to low for stage II's
Old 12-16-2003, 12:58 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

stage II's would be ok for his car...11.0:1 CR should work fine with those cams, but the R cams will have a better midrange