Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Skid plate

Old 08-22-2011, 02:34 AM
DITB-AHHH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts
Default Skid plate

Read on a few forums that this can be used as a nice skid plate.
Was wondering if anyone else on here has one, and can vouch for it. Before I waste the money ordering it.

http://www.kamispeed.com/BEATRUSH-Al...br.s540320.htm
Old 08-22-2011, 03:09 AM
fuckin smart

Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat
Default Re: Skid plate

not a skid plate. the beatrush underpanels just replace the stock plastic one. tehy dont protect your skid plate
Old 08-22-2011, 03:13 AM
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts

Would they protect my header though?
Old 08-22-2011, 03:18 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

A skid plate needs to be strong enough to protect whatever you need it to protect. A 2mm sheet of aluminum isn't going to do that by itself without being well supported by something behind it or attached to enough points to keep it from flexing and stretching. If you smack the bottom of the car with that, it's likely that you'll just shrink wrap the plate around your header instead of protecting anything. Well, it might protect the header from getting scratched when it happens.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:24 AM
DITB-AHHH

So would I be better off buying some sheet metal from home depot?
Or I've also seen people use street Signs.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:24 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

on the track a sign could work for you in the chance you go off track and need protection from gravel.

For a street skid 1/8" plate with braces and mount tabs or 3/16 with mount tabs would suffice. and for that 250 price tag i wouldnt even think of buying that other aluminum thing.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:29 AM
fuckin smart

Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat

have a shop weld a skid plate on. a bolt-on skid plate is a pain in the ass, ask me how I know.