Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Shopping list for B16A2 into 92-95 Civic

Old 12-14-2003, 06:55 PM
i miss the lil guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFAsucks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shopping list for B16A2 into 92-95 Civic

Alright...its time for the next project. I am building up my brother's car now and right now we are looking at a 92-95 civic. We will be putting in the B16A2 and turbo. Couple questions: Can i use the original Shift linkage from the car? Is the wiring harness from the old engine going to be all i need? A lot of sites i have looked at have told me it is direct bolt in. is this true or do i need a whole lot of other parts like i did for my CRX? last time i needed the wiring conversion, the axles from the new engine, HAsport shift linkage, HAsport mounts(i will get those whether i need them or not), and of course the ECU from the engine. what do i need for this swap? Will i need to add any ECU wires like i did with the CRX B16A1 swap? i just need to make sure of all this crap because i have to have everything i need here at the same time so i can get this done in as little time as possible because i have to pay for every day the car is at the hobby shop. So...if anyone can help me out that would be great. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:44 PM
i miss the lil guy

also...will i be able to keep AC with the engine and turbo
Old 12-15-2003, 04:12 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

It's about the same as the B16 into a CRX. A few little wrinkles here and there. Keeping AC depends on your exhaust manifold though.

www.hondaswap.com
Old 12-15-2003, 06:48 AM
i miss the lil guy

Ok...slight change...actually a big one...its going to be a 96-98 Civic EX with either a B16A2 turbo ste up or, because he wants to keep AC we might just do the Type R switch. For the type R switch....do i just need to buy the HASport mounts for a B series hydro tranny? since the EX is already wired for VTEC i can use the existing wiring harness for the new engine right? Also...will the shift linkage be a different one like something from HASport? I think we are leaning a little more toward the Type R switch so i could use a little help. i need ALL parts with me when i do the swap...it needs to be done in at the ABSOLUTE most four days, so i cant be ordering parts as i go along. thnaks a lot guys
Old 12-15-2003, 07:15 AM

a92civicxjdmb16 is an unknown quantity at this point

now are u putting a jdm sir2 or gonna put a 99-00 usdm civic si? Ur best bet would be to get the third gen b16a, or get a b16b just try to get a motor in the same year as the vehicle if u want a easy swap, since the ur civic is obd2. Also try to get it as a COMPLETE swap with mounts, linkage, tranny, ect ect itll save u from a big ass headache. but thats the my .02
Old 12-15-2003, 07:25 AM
i miss the lil guy

all the engines i will be getting will be JDM. the swaps will be complete with all that stuff. im getting them from jdmhondaparts.com and they give you everyuthing you need that comes from the engine including axles and ECU. my more pressing question though is about the B18C5 type R engine. will this be a easy swap as well? what all do i need to buy from HASport besides mounts?
Old 12-15-2003, 07:28 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

if you buy the complete swap from a jdm sir2..it will all bolt right up..mounts and shift linkage will come with..the type-r swap you can use the stock mounts from the itr if your using the 92-95 chassie
Old 12-15-2003, 07:43 AM

a92civicxjdmb16 is an unknown quantity at this point

here check this sit out it did me good
http://tech.hybridgarage.com/