Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Scrapping a car..

Old 05-13-2015, 10:52 PM
Sheeeit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch
Default Re: Scrappng a car..

I just called a few local tow truck companies an asked if they took away scrap cars. I wasn't really worried about making any money since there was usually no real weight left. At least not enough for me to care so long as i wanted it gone bad enough.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:17 AM
Registered member

SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad

Originally Posted by DOOM
Do you live in a neighborhood? If so push that shit in the street and let the cops get it removed, problem solved.

I've done this once, because a car was left on my property when I bought it. Because the junkyard/scap yard wouldn't take it without a title, I stripped the car and sold parts on craigslist and pushed that shit in the street and was removed within 24hrs.
I'm in northern Virginia, Fairfax County to be exact, and they are super fuckin strict here when it comes to laws and regulations. The only reason I need it removed is because I didn't have enough room on my driveway and since parking it in front of my house is considered "public street", they can legally tow it since it doesn't have registration and insurance, obviously being a parts car.

I would leave that shit in the street and let them handle it but I have no doubt they will track its ownership back and fine me out the ass plus suspend my license till they are paid because ffx county works that way with tickets. NOT to mention my HOA is a piece of shit also and they have their own list of "requirements" for cars parked on the street and even driveways.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:22 AM
Indelible Anomaly

RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon

Damn ffx sucks. Summit recycling in fxburg pays $20 /100lbs. They want coolant/ trans n oil drained. They never told me about refrigerants..
Old 05-14-2015, 12:01 PM
AaronDavis

AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis

Is the AC compressor and stuff still even hooked up? Sounds like you took a bunch of parts off it, there might not be any AC in it. But if you want to evacuate it, just use rubber gloves and a valve core tool and pull the schrader valve out. As far as the gas tank, if it has a drain plug just pull it out and leave it out, that's a hole in the tank.

Also, I do like the idea of pushing it on the street and leaving it. VB gave me a ticket for that though, lol.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:29 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Wait I have a better idea. Get some hoonigan and monster energy stickers and random stickers of Japanese anime. Cover the dash in the Japanese shits and put the rest on the windows and/or bumpers. Then list it for sale on here for 3 grand and call everyone a hater who bashes it. Don't forget to say it is rare in the description.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:03 PM
Indelible Anomaly

RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon RatchetGoon
Default Re: Scrapping a car..

damn good idea. ^^^. Hmm. Must spread rep.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:57 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Originally Posted by SyedUmarAhmad

I would leave that shit in the street and let them handle it but I have no doubt they will track its ownership back and fine me out the ass plus suspend my license till they are paid because ffx county works that way with tickets. NOT to mention my HOA is a piece of shit also and they have their own list of "requirements" for cars parked on the street and even driveways.
This is why I live in the hood cuhhh. lol
Old 05-15-2015, 09:09 AM
Registered member

SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad

so I luckily tracked another place located in woodbridge off route 1 that doesn't require half the shit the other one did. Just as a FYI, the company was Davis Industries and their requirements were fuckin crazy so avoid them.. this other place literally just wants a hole in the gas tank, battery removed, and the title.

the question now is does my car have a drain plug for the tank and if not how do I make a hole in it without blowing up my driveway....
Old 05-15-2015, 09:16 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Originally Posted by SyedUmarAhmad
so I luckily tracked another place located in woodbridge off route 1 that doesn't require half the shit the other one did. Just as a FYI, the company was Davis Industries and their requirements were fuckin crazy so avoid them.. this other place literally just wants a hole in the gas tank, battery removed, and the title.

the question now is does my car have a drain plug for the tank and if not how do I make a hole in it without blowing up my driveway....
Brass rod, sharp end. Beat in with hammer. Hole is now punch, gas should pour out. If motor is still hooked to fuel lines, relieve pressure off the lines. Or really anything that doesn't create a spark when hitting it
Old 05-15-2015, 06:04 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by -JB-
Brass rod, sharp end. Beat in with hammer. Hole is now punch, gas should pour out. If motor is still hooked to fuel lines, relieve pressure off the lines. Or really anything that doesn't create a spark when hitting it
would a punch still cause a spark if hit with a hammer to the tank? I have some laying around, i know brass will be safe although i'd have to go out and buy a piece..

i'm also reading that filling the tank with water will help decrease the fumes in case a spark does fly up.. If im not mistaken there is literally less than an 1/8th tank of gas left in there so how much water should I be dumping in there ??

Quick Reply: Scrapping a car..