Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Scooter Freaks Chime in. 50cc power plants

Old 03-15-2010, 02:07 AM
GT-Four Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze
Default Scooter Freaks Chime in. 50cc power plants

I'm looking at making myself a pit bike. And for some insane reason I'm thinking about making my own version of the 1981-3 Honda Motocompo. same restrictions, small foldable, and capable of cramming in my Subaru's trunk so I have something to putt around with on my trips to the track. this wont be a road going vehicle so I'm not worried about having a street legal frame or what not, just tryin to pick a motor to go into my hand built chassis.

I'm looking around at donor bikes atm and I'm debating on how to spend my coin. I'd opt to be stupid cheap here to solve the problem but I'd like this little guy to deal with some abuse. and if need be I might even make some fiberglass fairings for the little guy and make a modern day tribute.

Any suggestions

Get any Chinese Kitchen scooter off of craigslist or try to grab a salvaged honda metro/ruckus Is liquid cooled worth getting into or would a less sophisticated air cooled system behoove me?

Shoot me some opinions.