Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

School me on hondas...

Old 10-13-2007, 03:28 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clubber Lang has disabled reputation
Default School me on hondas...

Wazup, Noob here and I've had trucks for the last 12 years or so and I just got a 88 hatch and need some schooling on it. I believe it has the 1.5 sohc. What are some good sites to learn about honda engine swaps? What engines have been swapped into this car and what is the "holy grail" of blocks for it? Does the 1.5 hold any potential at all? Any info is appreciated!
Old 10-13-2007, 04:35 AM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve
Default Re: School me on hondas...

Hondatech.com
Old 10-13-2007, 04:37 AM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clubber Lang
Wazup, Noob here and I've had trucks for the last 12 years or so and I just got a 88 hatch and need some schooling on it. I believe it has the 1.5 sohc. What are some good sites to learn about honda engine swaps? What engines have been swapped into this car and what is the "holy grail" of blocks for it? Does the 1.5 hold any potential at all? Any info is appreciated!
Hondaswap.com

Holy Grail eh?? Probably, currently, a K-series would be considered the Holy Grail if it fits. If not, then you'll have arguements all day about a LS/VTEC, B20/VTEC, TypeR, GSR, or any other B-series engine....
Fact is, they're all fairly similar. Each has advantages, and disadvantages. If you want an ultra-high-revving motor, capable of a lot of power by turning the piss out of it, then a B16 will probably be best. If you want something with pure grunt, a B20/VTEC. Reliable, and very cheap to boost, a regular LS motor would do the trick......Lots of options.

Last edited by BAD4DR; 10-13-2007 at 04:40 AM.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:57 AM
Registered Member

Bobslowk24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
Hondaswap.com

Holy Grail eh?? Probably, currently, a K-series would be considered the Holy Grail if it fits. If not, then you'll have arguements all day about a LS/VTEC, B20/VTEC, TypeR, GSR, or any other B-series engine....
Fact is, they're all fairly similar. Each has advantages, and disadvantages. If you want an ultra-high-revving motor, capable of a lot of power by turning the piss out of it, then a B16 will probably be best. If you want something with pure grunt, a B20/VTEC. Reliable, and very cheap to boost, a regular LS motor would do the trick......Lots of options.
i would say k24a2 (TSX). It will fit with modification
Old 10-13-2007, 06:06 AM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

depends really on your budget and what you want to do with the car
Old 10-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation

Budget and K swaps don't mix, but in time they will be as friendly as a typical B swap.

However, it is funny to see how everyone always seems to think that the K motor is always the answer. Don't get me wrong, the K motor is a phenomenal engine (minus the thin ass rod bearings) and has a great future.
I just do not think that most here have the pockets deep enough for just a stock swap.

For now, I'll keep my B
Old 10-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I'll scrounge around and find something that fits me. I am working on a Z32 VH45 swap at the moment but when I'm done I want to work on this roller skate. I love this thing so far though. It gets stupid mileage, 35 city, and zips through traffic like butta. I know people look at me like a ricer but I don't care, it's a cheap DD. 30 bucks a month insurance. lol I asked the insurance lady if they had a minimum 30 a month fee or something. Why bother?
Old 10-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

After browsing the net for 2 hours I have a headache with all the acronyms a, b, d, SI, SHIT, etc.

I think I'll keep it simple for a while.

PS, I can't post in classifieds yet so if anyone has a throttle body for the 1.5 I could use one. I have a tps code and honda doesn't sell the tps separately. email at bonez_34 at msndotcom

spanks!