Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

S14 air conditioning?

Old 01-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Previously Odyssey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime
Default S14 air conditioning?

I have a 95 240. Bought the car and I knew th AC didn't work. Figured it just did not have a charge.

So recently I bought some r134a and charged my system. The gauge shows that it is filled to the proper level. I do not get any cold air though. I can hear The pump kick on and it does not seem to be leaking(I'll check in a few hours to make sure)

I do not have much experience working with A.C. on cars and have no clue what it could be. Anyone know that could be wrong and what I need to do to fix this shit.

And I have like no money to take this to a shop to get my AC working.

I did a small search. Came up with nothing helpful.

Last edited by Odysseus Prime; 01-05-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QUICKVIII has disabled reputation
Default Re: S14 air conditioning?

First of all you need a set of manifold guages. This will be able to show you the working pressures in the system. A/C works under the "expansion of liquids theory". When high pressure liquid refrigerant goes from the high side through a expansion valve or orifice tube where it is converted to a gas, in the low side. There are many reasons your system may not be working. Get help!! You could hurt yourself, because of the high pressures involved and the chance of frostbite playing with liquid refrigerants.