Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

S13 SR20DET swap--need help with install

Old 10-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jasonkg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default S13 SR20DET swap--need help with install

Before the flame war begins I have utilized the search button and have not found what I was looking for.

I'm trying to find someone that has experience with the S13/SR20 swap that would be willing to help me out. I'm stationed at Langley so I have access to lifts, tools, and any equipment needed to perform the swap. I'm willing to pay for the assistance but don't want to be charged the same as if I was to take it to the local shop. On that same token I need someone that has done the swap before. In the next week or two I would like to purchase the complete engine swap.

I've already purchased about 3 grand in additional parts that will need to be installed (FMIC, koyo radiator, clutch, guages, BOV, exhaust, VLSD...etc.) I was planning to get the wiring done by JGY customs to save time, frustration, and mistakes.

If there is someone that can help me out for a decent price I would appreciate it.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:43 AM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20
Default Re: S13 SR20DET swap--need help with install

Originally Posted by jasonkg
Before the flame war begins I have utilized the search button and have not found what I was looking for.

I'm trying to find someone that has experience with the S13/SR20 swap that would be willing to help me out. I'm stationed at Langley so I have access to lifts, tools, and any equipment needed to perform the swap. I'm willing to pay for the assistance but don't want to be charged the same as if I was to take it to the local shop. On that same token I need someone that has done the swap before. In the next week or two I would like to purchase the complete engine swap.

I've already purchased about 3 grand in additional parts that will need to be installed (FMIC, koyo radiator, clutch, guages, BOV, exhaust, VLSD...etc.) I was planning to get the wiring done by JGY customs to save time, frustration, and mistakes.

If there is someone that can help me out for a decent price I would appreciate it.

And this isn't a flame, but there are tons of sites with in depth documentation on the swap itself. Your biggest problem will be the wiring harness ( unless you're good with electronics ). But there are also tons of people on here who have done the swap. I recommend you buy a brake master cylinder heat shield also.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 92_SR20
And this isn't a flame, but there are tons of sites with in depth documentation on the swap itself. Your biggest problem will be the wiring harness ( unless you're good with electronics ). But there are also tons of people on here who have done the swap. I recommend you buy a brake master cylinder heat shield also.
Of course I have read a great deal of the in depth documentation that you speak of, but the point is its always easier to work with someone that has experience. Book knowledge is good, experience is better.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:18 AM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

id do it, but im in cali this week
Old 11-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by (F-)
id do it, but im in cali this week
When are you getting back? I still have to order the motor set, which will take a week or two to arrive. PM me your price and we'll see what we can do.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Ultra Smoke

eugene has disabled reputation

You have a PM
Old 11-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

camelsx has disabled reputation

you still workin
Old 11-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

camelsx has disabled reputation

on it
Old 11-13-2006, 06:25 PM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

ok well i am free all week and can finish the install within a day.

shoot me a PM if interested.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:46 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 92_SR20
have you ever done the swap? the wiring is a piece of cake. a handful of wires for the dash harness and a couple in the engine bay. and if you're on a stock turbo or any bottom-mount, the heat shield isn't necessary at all.

Quick Reply: S13 SR20DET swap--need help with install