Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

s13 rhd conversion: whats needed?

Old 01-16-2005, 08:43 PM
3ff3c7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Papillon has disabled reputation
Default s13 rhd conversion: whats needed?

just curious ive seen a couple around town and i jsut saw a coupe with rhd at vmp on sun ; whats needed to do the swap? anyone know any shops that have done the conversion around here? thanks
Old 01-17-2005, 07:44 AM
wtb scoobie snacks

musicmaniac is on a distinguished road
Default Re: s13 rhd conversion: whats needed?

u need a jdm dash, steering rack, u also need the firewall or have to cut weld the one on the car,u need more but that is the jist of it
Old 01-17-2005, 07:54 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

trust me, you don't want to attempt a conversion. i can pretty much guarantee that the rhd s13s you've seen are imports. it would actually be cheaper and easier to have one imported than convert it. besides, converting a car to rhd doesn't make it any faster. if you want authenticity, then import an authentic japanese car.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:55 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by blackout
trust me, you don't want to attempt a conversion. i can pretty much guarantee that the rhd s13s you've seen are imports. it would actually be cheaper and easier to have one imported than convert it. besides, converting a car to rhd doesn't make it any faster. if you want authenticity, then import an authentic japanese car.
i know of 2 locally that are not imports, they are conversions. and that's just s13s.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:01 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Carter
i know of 2 locally that are not imports, they are conversions. and that's just s13s.
can you ask them why? just doesn't make any sense to me to convert a car to rhd, especially when there's so much involved.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:19 AM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

Originally Posted by blackout
can you ask them why? just doesn't make any sense to me to convert a car to rhd, especially when there's so much involved.
becaue they want to be cool
Old 01-17-2005, 02:35 PM
master debater

Originally Posted by Jesus
becaue they want to be cool
seriously. there's no other reason that i can think of.

guess they just like to shift with their left hand.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:16 PM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough

because its their car and they can do whatever pleases them whether its right hand drive, paint the bitch pink or do suicide lambo doors.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Home, finally

Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012

Originally Posted by sebassttiann
because its their car and they can do whatever pleases them whether its right hand drive, paint the bitch pink or do suicide lambo doors.
Damn right!
-spindrift187
Old 01-17-2005, 08:18 PM
3ff3c7

Papillon has disabled reputation

lol.... yeh i was just wanderin whats involved....one of these days when i actually get my damn 240sx .... always thought rhd was interesting... guess itd be hard to actually live with tho..... drive thrus/bank and all

Quick Reply: s13 rhd conversion: whats needed?