Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

s10 383 stroker project

Old 09-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Come see my stroker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
daboi40 has disabled reputation
Default s10 383 stroker project

one big question. the lt1 like the corvette was a tpi system. weiand maks a stealth ram intake that is also a tpi system. current performance makes a custom wire harness to mate up to my stock computers and a lt1 computer. if i did this would the lt1 computer be able to run the stealth ram intake? they use the same type of intake system so.... main reason i'm asking is because i bought a 70's nickel block for 300 and since it's a first gen i can't use vortec heads. still planning. starting to build hopefully by january.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered member

JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74
Default Re: s10 383 stroker project

Build a 383 LS1 instead.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:25 PM
can u catch me?

DRAY has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by daboi40
one big question. the lt1 like the corvette was a tpi system. weiand maks a stealth ram intake that is also a tpi system. current performance makes a custom wire harness to mate up to my stock computers and a lt1 computer. if i did this would the lt1 computer be able to run the stealth ram intake? they use the same type of intake system so.... main reason i'm asking is because i bought a 70's nickel block for 300 and since it's a first gen i can't use vortec heads. still planning. starting to build hopefully by january.

trust me on this. just go with a carbd 383 it will be an ass ton easier and cheaper than going with a fi lt1 setup. i have built 3 diffrernt sbc s10s. and if you need any help along the way lmk.

but if you do go with the lt1 setup the weiand intake will work, its just a parts swap it will have no effect on the comp if you upgrade the manifold. but personaly i have seen better results from the edelbrock intake over the weiand.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by daboi40
What up my *****!?
Old 09-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Come see my stroker

nuffin much cy...should have known you'd see the truck n know it was me.

can't go ls1 due to the fact that i already have the block in my unit. it's a genI block. besides...not many nickel blocks made. a lil under 3000. it's 4 bolt main already, and was cheap due to the fact it wasn't being used and hasn't in about 4 years. i want f/i becuse i just love the plug n play besides i don't wanna end up redoing all the gauges...still gonna be driven on weekends.... (3.73 gears) been lookin into it for a long ass time.... just wanna get any more opinions on why it might not work. haven't had anyone tell me it wouldn't so far. maybe you guys would know something i don't yet.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:08 AM
can u catch me?

someone correct me if im wrong but doesnt the the lt1 use vortec heads?

my last sbc s10 was my dd for about 6 months, 383 sbc 10.1 comp and 2 stages of spray 355 gear an th350 trans with manual valve body and it was easaly streetable. it was runnin high 10s on motor.

but i dk of any reason that it wouldnt work. i just think wiring up a carb setup w/new gauges would be eaiser than wiring up the lt1 imo.

but if you wanna go lt1 fi then go for it if you have enuf time and patience then any thing is possible. if you wanna go with lt1 fi, then all i can tell you is to go for it! dont wry about pros and cons just get a wiring diag for your truck and for the lt1 figure out what you need to wire up and then go for it!

but also what is going to be the purpose of the truck? Weekend "street warrior" truck or just a show and shine deal

Last edited by DRAY; 09-03-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:49 AM
Come see my stroker

street warrior and drag truck. both are the same type of set up. love plug n play for f/i set up.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:09 PM
can u catch me?

if your wanting the plug and play ability then go for it! ill tell you from experiance that sbc dimes are funnnnnnn assss helllll
i wish i wouldnt have sold my last one so ive decided to start on a new one.
but good luck with it man! youll have a blast with it!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Come see my stroker

yeah. i do want the plug n play. but according to some people in my other thread a sbc dime is for fags.... wait til i'm done.

i believe the lt1 did have votech heads. but the heads for the genI sbc are different. it's not an lt1. just the same style "hybrid" motor. if i just use an actual lt1 intake it's gonna need mods done to the distributor housing, egr blocked off, and bolt holes need to be modded.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Fuck my life

TexasGlock23 will become famous soon enoughTexasGlock23 will become famous soon enough

www.gmfullsize.com or www.performancetrucks.net would be your best bet. GMFS is a huge site with tons of traffic, try there first.

Quick Reply: s10 383 stroker project