Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

S/c 04 Gt

Old 09-25-2004, 08:01 AM
Cobra Princess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheCobraChick has disabled reputation
Default S/c 04 Gt

I have a 2004 mustang GT and I recently got the stock Eaton supercharger off of my friends 2003 cobra. So far all I have is the supercharger and the throttle body from the cobra. What all needs to be changed out on the GT for the supercharger to bolt up?
Old 09-25-2004, 12:12 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: S/c 04 Gt

i thought you had a cobra?
Old 09-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Cobra Princess

TheCobraChick has disabled reputation

I did and I sold it
Old 09-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

huntrcrker has a spectacular aura abouthuntrcrker has a spectacular aura abouthuntrcrker has a spectacular aura about

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15012

you should gone with a saleen roots blower, just imo.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:58 PM

VT3C4u has disabled reputation

Old 09-28-2004, 03:32 AM
Registered Member

BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4

you also need his intake manifold to do the bolt up...its going to get pricey, you need the pulley assembly for the belt section. go to stangnet and find out if the intake man from the 03 cobra can fit the 4.6 seeing that it comes from a 5.4l. Their should be an aftermarket manifold you could buy to bolt that up and start boosting, since you already have the supercharger thats the costly parts already out the way... couple thousand you should be able to bolt that sucker up. have fun and good luck
Old 09-28-2004, 06:13 AM
blingin cracka

KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster

it wont work. the heads are different. sell it and buy a novi2000 or a vortech. you would need the intercooler also but it wont work regardless...if you want a roots type id recommend the saleen type V twin screw blower.

just remember when bolting a blower onto a formerly NA car, youre gonna need bigger injectors (42# preferable), fuel pump (03 cobra pump), mass air calibrated for 42# injectors (Lightning mass air works good), and have it tuned so you can drive it and it wont blow up (if tuned properly). expect to spend some dough.

nitrous would be a lot cheaper...is your car a stick or auto? if stick, id be careful about the bottle, but its still fun...if its an auto i say spray away

btw...why on earth would you get rid of an 03 cobra for a GT??? thats not taking a step back, thats turning around and running. completely backwards. and please do us a favor and not put altezzas and a fire extigusher in it. its a mustang not a honda. im not trying to be an ass, but those things look retarded.

Last edited by KungFuHamster; 09-28-2004 at 09:30 AM.