Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

S-AFCII Tuning problems

Old 04-13-2004, 08:54 AM
I <3 BOOST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iceman05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation S-AFCII Tuning problems

I finally got the injectors in, but the car idles so badly and fluctuates all over 500-1000 RPMs. I tried EVERY combo of settings from -40 to -20%, but the idle is terrible and there is no power in drive (if i can even shift to drive w/o it stalling, its an automatic). My EGTs are through the roof no matter what and i just dont wanna blow my motor. Anyone who has sucessfully tuned the hack b4, please help. This is really wierd b/c it worked fine yesterday when i had it set to -38% all the way across... Does any1 know the sensor settings as far as the Pressure, Flap, Hot-wire, etc? PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 08:58 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: S-AFCII Tuning problems

if its a honda,PRESSURE.....
Old 04-13-2004, 11:46 AM
kaz
Registered Member

kaz is an unknown quantity at this point

The book that came with the AFC should tell you... did you not get a book with it?
Old 04-13-2004, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

StreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these parts

if your EGTs are thru the roof, you're running way lean. Try setting it at 0% or possibly + 10-20% and see how that does.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

how much bigger did you go. caculate the difference, and don't go any more than that. like if you went 40% bigger, than don't go more than -40% hope that helps, and i hope you don't blow it up. good luck.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:49 PM
time to get ill

xnenon is an unknown quantity at this point

check the sensor settings and make sure your getting voltage/readings from all the sensors...
Old 04-14-2004, 08:23 AM
I <3 BOOST

ok... i have 450cc as opposed the stock 240cc. I have the manual, but its in japanese..lol i know that high EGTs mean im lean, but if i add more fuel, the car stalls... im gonna try again today, thanks guys
Old 04-14-2004, 09:42 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

too much fuel will make high EGT as well
Old 04-14-2004, 10:40 AM
I <3 BOOST

UPDATE: it's even worse now, it wont start no matter what the settings, and it sounds like im getting detonation in either my #1 or #2 cylinder. I mean this shit is loud as hell. I will gladly pay anyone who knows what they're doing to come fix this. I just dont see how it's getting worse and worse.... I pulled my plugs and they look fine, and if one of the injectors wasnt working then the car wouldn't have worked the first day. I've never even heard of detonation while cranking or even at idle.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Zen
Registered Member

Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen Zen

pmed

Quick Reply: S-AFCII Tuning problems