VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   rx7 boost..... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/rx7-boost-51961/)

fokuzsport 05-03-2004 09:29 AM

rx7 boost.....

had problems with her 2 weeks ago...

a water hose exploded, lol, in the worst place possible. very hard to get to. well i got it fixed, took almost 8 hours. yeah it was that hard.

anyways, while i was at it.. i took off the manifold thats on top of the engine to fix some hoses as well.

i got it about half off, and changed my mind and put the thing back on.. i was having problems getting it off.. anyways, got the car all back together..

its running real strong, only problem is there is now no boost kicking. i dont get it, i can hear the turbo whining like a little girl, but not getting the power.

im thinking its a vacuum hose loose somewhere, but i have no idea.

anybody have a clue?

TripleSeis 05-03-2004 09:41 AM

Re: rx7 boost.....

You still haven't sold it? Would you take a trade and some cash?

As for your problem. I can't really help you too much there. May be a vac hose or piping. you got a Boost gauge? your wastegates may also be stuck and your only pushing low boost

fokuzsport 05-03-2004 10:00 AM

no i havent sold it yet, im still debating.
im actually waiting to see what happens with me, if i go to korea or what not, or if i get out.

yes i have a boost gauge, and it moves from neg. to 0. thats it. nothing above 0. and i have checked boost gauge line, its all set up fine.

i know im not getting boost through the engine, you can feel when your boosting or not.
how would i "unstuck" the waste gate?

TripleSeis 05-03-2004 10:09 AM

Well first of all i'd check to see if the actuators are connected as thats the reson merf's car ran like shit all that time.

oh yeah and one more ? about selling it. When will you be heading to korea? I'm interested in buying your car or another fd. I just have to fix a few things on my 3000gt. Like to maybe have a idea of a time frame before you get information that will affect your choice.

fokuzsport 05-03-2004 10:20 AM

with in the next few months.. sometime before july.
im not going to sell it till i have full boost. then ill put it back on the market.

fokuzsport 05-03-2004 10:22 AM

what and where are the actuators?

behind the waste gates, there is a hose that connections the the manifold on top of the engine.. thats all hooked up. ill take pics when i get home from work today and post pics, see if you all can help me out.

Josepi 05-03-2004 10:31 AM

If it approaches 0" vacuum/0 PSI, and stops right there, you need to go around and make sure all of the turbo->IC->TB piping is secure and the connections are tight.

Are you talking about the coolant line that runs from the back of the TB to the rear rotor housing or the heater core lines? ;) Both of those are a PAIN.

If the vacuum lines for the wastegate actuators weren't recieving a signal from the TB, then your engine would be dead already.

TripleSeis 05-03-2004 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Josepi
If the vacuum lines for the wastegate actuators weren't recieving a signal from the TB, then your engine would be dead already.

Not the hoes the actual rod connection to the flap. Even tho you'd get more boost then 0psi in that case, it could be a combined problem of the two (bad pipe connections).

MerF 05-21-2004 07:16 AM

Revival of old thread, I assume you got it going since this was made, but I found my name in a search and got curious...lol...anyway, it was an I/C pip wasn't it? You can really hear the turbo then! :p