Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Running alil warm..help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmintegra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Running alil warm..help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 97 teg converted to a type r i just rebuilt the engine due to high milage i did pretty much a freshen up..i built it within stock specs did a mild port and polish..i had the itr cams in the motor then got a phearable chipped ecu then sold the itr cams and got buddy clubs..now the problem im having is the car runs great but some times the temp starts climbing alil past half way.. its in between half way and hott...ok so i keep driving to see if it goes down and it dosent so i turn on heat full blast and the needle shoots back over to normal.. it does it maybe one or 2 more times in a ten mile span sometimes it goes back to normal by itsself sometimes not. and when i get home i check under the hood and the resovoir is almost full..which makes me think blown head gasket but ive pressure tested in and it holds true no drop in preussure..my buddy says its my rad because its a single core ls rad..never had problems till i chipped it and changed cams which im sure it runs alil hotter...any info or questions please feel free hit me up
Old 02-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: Running alil warm..help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone?
Old 02-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

Mecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the roughMecheng88 is a jewel in the rough

might want to check to see if the cars radiator fans are working. i notice my car will creep up in temp then as soon as i hear the fans click it goes back down.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Sounds like your low on coolant or you have either a bad radiator cap or a bad or incorrectly installed thermostat.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:50 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Thermostat.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Thermostat.
Yes,but dont forget if their are air pockets in the cooling system the thermostat wont open.

Steam wont open the thermostat only boiling water will.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

ok i changed the thermostat today and refilled the antifreeze and burbed it and let it idle for about 30 mins and the fan cut on and was working...i tok it for a 10 mile drive and temps stayed good i came back to shop and when i went to go home after driving about 5 miles the temp started to creep up about a 1/4 inch from hott so i flip the heat on and it when right back to normal and never moved from there..i noticed that my resovoir is a 1/2 from being full again...seems like when it pushes water in there it dosent suck it back in..im stumped i replaced the thermo switch thats in the head i havent replaced the one thats in the thremo neck..im lost...
Old 02-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Ohhh Snap

check yo headgasket and for coolant leaks.

the coolant is going back into the reservoir because the cooing system is under pressure. so its most likely your headgasket
Old 02-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

ive pressure tested the system and it didnt leak down at all..ive reved the motor and checked the over flow hose to see if anything or any cooland was being pushed out and its not but when the system is pressurised i seems it dose
Old 02-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Ohhh Snap

So get a new radiator cap?

Quick Reply: Running alil warm..help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!