Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

RSX TYPE S PROBLEMS

Old 11-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rsxisformen has disabled reputation
Default RSX TYPE S PROBLEMS

First issue : my brake lights stop working and the only thing that cross my mind was a brake light switch so I replaced it and they were working for a little awhile but now they don't anymore , any ideas ?

Second Issue: when I start my car come up I've noticed I idle at 1900 and stay there for a few Mintues I'm thinking a vacuum leak , Any ideas ?

Also if you know the problem please tell me the steps .
Old 11-15-2013, 04:40 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: RSX TYPE S PROBLEMS

Between this and the thread you made 3 days ago, sounds like your car is beat man. You say you're running lean, possibly have a fuel leak, no brake lights, and having idle issues. Might be time to just bite the bullet on this one and see a professional. Seriously, with all the money you'll spend diagnosing these problems (without actually seeing the car no one here can give you airtight advice and you don't know if these problems could be interconnected or signs of something much more serious) you might as well find out everything that's going on.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

rsxisformen has disabled reputation

Well im not running lean anymore I think I need a new iacv I'm going to clean and see how it acts and I think my wiring has a short in it just a matter of finding it now lol
Old 11-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

Euphonic has disabled reputation
Default Re: RSX TYPE S PROBLEMS

Originally Posted by rsxisformen
First issue : my brake lights stop working and the only thing that cross my mind was a brake light switch so I replaced it and they were working for a little awhile but now they don't anymore , any ideas ?

Second Issue: when I start my car come up I've noticed I idle at 1900 and stay there for a few Mintues I'm thinking a vacuum leak , Any ideas ?

Also if you know the problem please tell me the steps .

A lot of cars idle high during a cold start... to warm the engine up.