VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   RSX seats in an Integra (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/rsx-seats-integra-198142/)

TruSpeed21 07-30-2007 02:29 PM

RSX seats in an Integra

I am trying to put some RSX seats in my 98 integra and was wondering if anyone has had any expeience in doing this because the setup is almost the same but not quite. Seeing if anyone knows of any sure-fired ways of getting the seats to fit right.

WALL-E 07-30-2007 02:31 PM

Re: RSX seats in an Integra

You need to have custom rails made, or take your integra rails and somehow mount them onto the rsx seats. No way will they bolt up without some kind of fabrication.

EEK 08-01-2007 11:17 AM

just make custom brackets, we just put a set in my friends EH and had to make two custom brackets, search on honda tech, they have pics of putting them into a EK. its about the same.. Mind you if your tall or a big guy, then do not put these seats in. im about 6ft 205lbs, my head touches the ceiling of the car when the seat is up right. I had to lean the seat back big pimpin style. also since it sits higher, you have to rase your steering wheel all the way up to fit your legs. Just FYI

ILLEGAL 08-01-2007 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by EEK (Post 3280756)
just make custom brackets, we just put a set in my friends EH and had to make two custom brackets, search on honda tech, they have pics of putting them into a EK. its about the same.. Mind you if your tall or a big guy, then do not put these seats in. im about 6ft 205lbs, my head touches the ceiling of the car when the seat is up right. I had to lean the seat back big pimpin style. also since it sits higher, you have to rase your steering wheel all the way up to fit your legs. Just FYI

They fit in my ek coupe fine, no head hitting here, and I'm a bit bigger than you. I also used the factory rails. As far as I know, I was the first to put them in an ek, easily at least in this state.

EEK 08-01-2007 11:41 AM

did you switch the rails or used the stock rsx rails? maybe its the way EH/DC's bolts line up. but like we had to leave the sunroof tab open so i wouldnt rub my head lol.. i just ended up sitting with a gangsta lean, but i feel like i sit to high

WqYn3 08-01-2007 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Illegal (Post 3280787)
They fit in my ek coupe fine, no head hitting here, and I'm a bit bigger than you. I also used the factory rails. As far as I know, I was the first to put them in an ek, easily at least in this state.

pics of the setup would be great!

ILLEGAL 08-01-2007 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by EEK (Post 3280809)
did you switch the rails or used the stock rsx rails? maybe its the way EH/DC's bolts line up. but like we had to leave the sunroof tab open so i wouldnt rub my head lol.. i just ended up sitting with a gangsta lean, but i feel like i sit to high

only one hole bolted up in the rear. i had to modify the stock floor rail to take the new bolt locations, and the other rear i put through the frame. No welding, and You cant switch the rails or the butt pans like a s2000. So basically i modified the car to take them. i also have them a hair closer to the doors than the original seats. Check my for sale thread for basic pics of them in the car. it is a hair higher, but no where near as high useing ek seats in a eg.

TruSpeed21 08-02-2007 08:36 AM

thanks for all the help everyone

91g2teg 08-03-2007 07:17 AM

Well i have dem in my 91 integra and all i had to do was drill a hole so it can fit perfect!!! so it should be almost the same for ur integra

ILLEGAL 08-03-2007 03:57 PM

it's different.