Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

rpm noise?

Old 05-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino
rpm noise?

i have a 2000 civic ex and whenever the rps get to 2700 rpm it makes a humming/ buzzing noise ONLY at that rpm in every gear. i can hold the rpm at 2700 and it doesnt stop buzzing but it goes away when i accelerate or decelerate from that rpm. does anyone know what it could be??
Old 05-19-2009, 11:07 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: rpm noise?

Originally Posted by silverdino
i have a 2000 civic ex and whenever the rps get to 2700 rpm it makes a humming/ buzzing noise ONLY at that rpm in every gear. i can hold the rpm at 2700 and it doesnt stop buzzing but it goes away when i accelerate or decelerate from that rpm. does anyone know what it could be??
Something is resonating at that exact harmonic frequency
Old 05-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Eh

NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay

maybe the heat sheilds rattling or is your cat gutted or anything? I put a factory axle back on an aftermarket midpipe and hear and it would have an annoying ass rasp around 3k rpm
Old 05-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino

Originally Posted by CustomX
your cat gutted or anything? I put a factory axle back on an aftermarket midpipe and hear and it would have an annoying ass rasp around 3k rpm

everthing on the exhaust is stock. it be some loose metal or something resonating? what could be some possibilities?
Old 05-19-2009, 11:12 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by silverdino
everthing on the exhaust is stock. it be some loose metal or something resonating? what could be some possibilities?
It could be anything.

I recommend having someone sit in the car, rev to that rpm and hold it while you walk around and listen
Old 05-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Registered Member

thanks ill try that. its not bad right now but my gf has the same problem but her's is REALLY bad and i dont want mine to get to that point.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:19 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

your girls can is loose, wut?
Old 05-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

something is resonating when she hits a certain rpm but hers sounds like her car is going to blow up. she drives a toyota rav4
Old 05-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

took off the heat sheild underneath the cat. converter and the header and it still makes that noise. what else could be resonating?!
Old 05-22-2009, 02:59 PM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

broken catalyst? resonator crapping out? muffler?

Quick Reply: rpm noise?