Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Rounded Nut

Old 08-17-2004, 07:32 AM
Modified Inline 4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SloRSX SloRSX
Default Rounded Nut

I rounded off a nut holding my exhaust manifold onto my block. Is there anyway to get it off besides cutting it? I dont want to damage the stud since im not sure if it is replaceable or not.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Re: Rounded Nut

don't worry, my nuts are round also
Old 08-17-2004, 07:44 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by SloRSX
I rounded off a nut holding my exhaust manifold onto my block. Is there anyway to get it off besides cutting it? I dont want to damage the stud since im not sure if it is replaceable or not.
you can try some sockets that sears carries that are made for "rounded nuts" or you can actually cut it off, the stud is replaceable
Old 08-17-2004, 08:09 AM
subie newbie

CnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud ofCnmyTeg has much to be proud of

the advice i always get is to....cut that bitch!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by CHAHONDA
you can try some sockets that sears carries that are made for "rounded nuts" or you can actually cut it off, the stud is replaceable
i bought some of those and they work GREAT , but the fuckers were like 60 bucks .... i hate the price of good tools.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Modified Inline 4

SloRSX SloRSX

I went to Advanced Auto and got some craftsman thing. Its a socket with like blades on the inside that dig into the nut and hold it. There bad ass. When i got the nut out, the stud also came with it so i replaced it with a bolt from the exhuast manifold.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:51 PM
AKA DEATH TRAP

sikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these parts

drill it out