Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

roaring noise...?

Old 02-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b18cwon has a reputation beyond reputeb18cwon has a reputation beyond reputeb18cwon has a reputation beyond reputeb18cwon has a reputation beyond reputeb18cwon has a reputation beyond reputeb18cwon has a reputation beyond reputeb18cwon has a reputation beyond reputeb18cwon has a reputation beyond repute
Default roaring noise...?

my 95 civic makes a roaring noise while driving, but will stop when i press the clutch....any idea what the hell is going on...? i really only hear it when taking off in first gear...
Old 02-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright
Default Re: roaring noise...?

Will it make the noise while sitting in netural? If it does it might be the troughout bearing.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:42 AM
Registered Member

b18cwon has a reputation beyond reputeb18cwon has a reputation beyond reputeb18cwon has a reputation beyond reputeb18cwon has a reputation beyond reputeb18cwon has a reputation beyond reputeb18cwon has a reputation beyond reputeb18cwon has a reputation beyond reputeb18cwon has a reputation beyond repute

no ,, there is no noise while in netural.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Registered member

My ls trans was doing the same thing. When I put it in gear/while driving and it ended up being a piece of the trans case in the diff. The case was welded before I go it and I guess time made the piece of slag break off.

I would jack the front end off the groung and put it in gear so you can listen to the trans to try to find the noise. Just make sure that both front tires are off of the ground.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

when the car is off the ground there is no noise...only when there is a load on the tranny...
Old 02-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Registered member

So to make sure that I understand. You jacked up the car, put it into gear, and let out the clutch to let the drive line spin under power. Did you try all of the gears? Mine only seemed to make the noise in 5th.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:58 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by b18cwon
my 95 civic makes a roaring noise while driving, but will stop when i press the clutch....any idea what the hell is going on...? i really only hear it when taking off in first gear...

Check your trunk. Happens to me all the time.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

weldmatic has disabled reputation

i could totally see the jack stands slip off the pinch welds. when you are nealing on the ground trying to hear find a noise in the transmission. the car runs you over and drags your body into the neighbors house..... and blows it up.

darwin award candidate material right here.

proceed
Old 02-27-2009, 06:14 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by b18cwon
In all seriousness, its quite possibly your throwout bearing. But check your trunk anyway just to be sure.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by weldmatic
i could totally see the jack stands slip off the pinch welds. when you are nealing on the ground trying to hear find a noise in the transmission. the car runs you over and drags your body into the neighbors house..... and blows it up.

darwin award candidate material right here.

proceed
Your post was worthless. Please keep your hands off of the keyboard if you cannot come up with anything useful.

You should be able to hear where the noise is coming from with out getting under the car. And I hope that the OP would not be that stupid.

Quick Reply: roaring noise...?