Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Retard Timing for N2O

Old 05-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these parts
Default Retard Timing for N2O

I recently installed a NOS fogger kit Direct Port on my GSR (fully built) I'm starting with the smallest shot it offers (85) and need to stage/retard timing....... later I'm going bigger about 100-120 shot

My question is whats the best way to go... I'm stuck ... MSD6A(if it can handle it or a better MSD) or is there another route. Cant decide yet so let me know your suggestions and reasoning behind it. Thanks everyone. Negative comments not wanted here but let em come.

Last edited by C_WAKE; 05-15-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

5literbeater has disabled reputation
Default Re: Retard Timing for NO2

As a general rule you want to pull 2 degrees of timing for every 50hp of nitrous. The MSD digital six is really the box to have because it allows for timing advance off the bottle and retarded timing when on the spray. When you power up the nitrous the timing is then backed off. The digital six is really a miracle in a box and I'm sure you will also have fun with the 2 step rev limiter! Also, If you are going to run the 100 shot I would go to a spark plug 1 heat range colder.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Registered member

C_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these parts

yeah i was looking at that one too.... pretty nice and a nice price too lol thanks for the info decisions decisions
Old 05-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Retard Timing for N2O

Thread title changed to the correct molecular formula..
Old 05-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by C_WAKE
Yeah go here for some clarification...
Yeah, I won't allow that kind of stuff to spill outside of the classifieds. I cleaned this thread up. If you see anything else like that, let me know.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 05-26-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

kiachick kiachick kiachick

i always ran NGK Vpowers 1 step colder on 100 shot and never had any issues!
Old 05-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered member

Thanks your a gentleman and a scholar.
Originally Posted by Fabrik8
60Yeah, I won't allow that kind of stuff to spill outside of the classifieds. I cleaned this thread up. If you see anything else like that, let me know.
Thanks your a gentleman and a scholar.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by kiachick
i always ran NGK Vpowers 1 step colder on 100 shot and never had any issues!
What setup was it for and what engine? just wandering bc i already have NGK iridium IX
Old 05-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by 5literbeater
As a general rule you want to pull 2 degrees of timing for every 50hp of nitrous. The MSD digital six is really the box to have because it allows for timing advance off the bottle and retarded timing when on the spray. When you power up the nitrous the timing is then backed off. The digital six is really a miracle in a box and I'm sure you will also have fun with the 2 step rev limiter! Also, If you are going to run the 100 shot I would go to a spark plug 1 heat range colder.
Thought you might like to see this. thnaks for the advice
Old 05-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Registered member

mikejones002100 has disabled reputation

when i ran nitrous on my old hatch i used ngk plugs part#BKR7E at napa.....they usually are the only place that i could find NGK 7s or 8s...if u go with 8s part number is 4554...i was only on a 75 shot and used BKR7E's and -4 degrees timing with no issues at all what so ever...nitrous is a blast enjoy

Quick Reply: Retard Timing for N2O