Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Replacing my Exhaust Valves

Old 09-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Zombie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
757kid has disabled reputation
Question Replacing my Exhaust Valves

95 talon awd tsi

timing belt went out all 8 of my exhaust valves are bent..
got any tips on how to replace these this let me know

thks
Old 09-30-2009, 04:49 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Replacing my Exhaust Valves

you need a valve spring compressor

take off the clips that hold the springs on the valves...remove old valve...and replace and reinstall clip and release compressor
Old 09-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Zombie

757kid has disabled reputation

im gonna replace the guides and gasket and head bolts since ill be there already
Old 10-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

jspec94lude has a spectacular aura aboutjspec94lude has a spectacular aura about

u have to at least get some valve grinding compound and hand lap the new valves in or else they won't seal ... and uh replacing the guides requires machine work .. the old guides have to be pressed out and new ones pressed in , surely u mean new valve seals rite???
Old 10-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

whpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these parts
Cool Re: Replacing my Exhaust Valves

get the gasket set from bap geon and just take it and the cylinder head to a amchine shop like gregorys /butch kernodles/the head shop/perfomance unlimited/abbacus racing most places will charge $180-$200 for pressure test/ crack test/ regrind the valve seats/ mill the gasket surface and each valve should run $10-$20 per valve overall it cost more but worth every penny because if you have to redo it because of something not being right it will cost even more than if you had just got it done right on the first go
Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

jspec94lude has a spectacular aura aboutjspec94lude has a spectacular aura about

yeah if u don't know what u are doing than take it somewhere because u have to have a special spring compressor for dohc head , if your broke just tell them u want a valve job done on the exhaust side and nothing else
Old 10-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

whpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these partswhpazz is infamous around these parts

yeah but you are still gonna have to replace any bent valves cant make them straight again
Old 10-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

thats what i am saying a valve job entails ... cutting the seats , lapping the new valves in, and putting the springs and retainers back on
Old 10-12-2009, 07:30 PM

stock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these partsstock91lx is infamous around these parts

recommend you to just take it to a machine shop. that way you know it will be done right