Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

replaced head gasket/timing belt/waterpump,now my car doesn't have as much power

Old 03-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b182boost has disabled reputation
Default replaced head gasket/timing belt/waterpump,now my car doesn't have as much power

replaced head gasket/timing belt/waterpump,now my car doesn't have as much power,mainly in low rpms.it seams to idle fine, n it runs ok , but under hard acceleration it stumbles just a lil bit.i was extra careful to set the timing belt .....but if it was off a tooth,would that cause this?all the marks still seam to line up????any thoughts???
Old 03-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: replaced head gasket/timing belt/waterpump,now my car doesn't have as much power

yes, off a tooth will cause these problems.

I would be extra careful to make sure that you didnt damage any sensors, and you replaced the sensors exactly as you found them.

What engine btw? b18 i assume?
Old 03-08-2009, 07:41 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)
Default Re: replaced head gasket/timing belt/waterpump,now my car doesn't have as much power

timing is off is have have a noticable power loss, do it again and make sure the teeth are lined up with the timing marks, you should do a full rotation of that belt b4 you put it all back together and start it just in case its off, like in your case. ive had the timing off on a car before and it was a very noticable power loss, maybe your head is just fuckin wih you, if the marks line up then there is no problem, how bad is the sputter, and what rpms is it happening?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Make sure you have the ground strap on the head attached.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

its a b18a. it happens right around 2500 or so,an kinda clears up a lil after 3. its not really bad,but enough to notice.and all around it doesn't have the power it had,and before it had a bad head gasket!tomorrow im gonna redo the timing,will let ya'll know what the deal is
Old 03-09-2009, 05:42 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Did you double check to make sure all your vacum lines were right? did you replace your intake manifold gasket?
Old 03-09-2009, 05:48 AM
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like your Timing is off as stated above
Old 03-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

96CivicHatch is on a distinguished road

Happened to me when I got my timing belt changed due to the timing being off. Check in a local shop if you can use their timing gun.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

would an injector leak cause this?one was leaking,so i changed all the o-rings and it seamed to help with the acceleration problem,but it still don't have the same power as before.if somebody just drove it they probably would say it runs fine,but i can tell it don't pull as hard as before.would getting the head resurfaced have affected it in that respect?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

also,never used a timing gun,can get one,but how do you use it?

Quick Reply: replaced head gasket/timing belt/waterpump,now my car doesn't have as much power