Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Remote for Viper Alarm 791vx

Old 11-28-2007, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myst is a jewel in the roughmyst is a jewel in the roughmyst is a jewel in the roughmyst is a jewel in the rough
Default Remote for Viper Alarm 791vx

The LCD screen cracked on my remote for my Viper Alarm (791vx) the other day, so I ordered a new one and got it in.
After reading the instructions I programmed the remote and the Lock and Unlock worked perfectly.

I also have window modules that when I press the Aux. button the windows crack and then if I hold it the windows rolls all the way down. Then if I hold the Aux. button and the Lock button the windows roll back up. Again, working perfectly.

Then I tried to remote start it and it turns the car on and then immediately back off.

I've called a few places and asked a few people what I should do and no one has any idea.

Is there something that I can do to fix this? Because I actually have my other remote and the buttons still work, I can still remote start the car with it and it stays on like it should. Which makes me think there's something on the remote that's making it turn my car off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes
Default Re: Remote for Viper Alarm 791vx

After it turns on then off does it try to start back up again with out you hitting the button.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:38 PM

myst is a jewel in the roughmyst is a jewel in the roughmyst is a jewel in the roughmyst is a jewel in the rough

Yes it sure does.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes

There is only one thing that I can think of off the top of my head. Do you still have the installation manual because it is a whole lot easier to explain it if you have it.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:39 AM
Registered Member

elements018 has disabled reputation

what kind of car is this on?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 AM

98 integra type r
Old 11-29-2007, 05:50 PM
not a noob

JAvenger has disabled reputation

try getting the alarm to learn the tac again. you can do this by locating the alarm valet button under the dash. once you have located this button, start the car. once the car is running, hold the valet button down till your alarm LED shines sold. the a solid LED with tell you that the alarm has learned the tac signal.

if successful at getting the alarm to learn the tac, try to remote start with remote.

if not, check to see if the wire for the tac signal has not shorted out or come disconnected. this wire (i think) is the purp/white wire coming out of the alarm harness.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:19 AM

Well I tried doing that but the LED never lit up.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:25 AM
PoNtEeN4

Henryx33 has disabled reputation

Do you have any safety features that would disable the remote start, (ex: hoodpin, e-brake switch) also make sure your clutch bypass didnt come loose. Press the clutch and then try to use the remote start.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Boost is Better

sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx

if it is trying to start it isn't a bypass. Sounds like it may be in Voltage check mode if it isn't learning tach like you sy you tried. You said you can still start it perfectly fine with the old cracked remote Correct? If that is the case maybe you programmed the remote the wrong way on accident. Are you hitting the lock and unlock to start the car or the aux button twice? From this I might be able to hlep. Also when you did program the remote what sequence number did you chose. Did you do the auto learn on or program everything seperately?

Quick Reply: Remote for Viper Alarm 791vx