VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   remote start on a 5speed (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/remote-start-5speed-140188/)

06altima 05-19-2006 09:23 AM

remote start on a 5speed

i'm farely new to this site. my boy told me about it. i went down to best buy trying to get my remote start installed and they were like it is illegal to install remote start on a manual... so my boy told me that someone up here may be able to help me.... i have an 06 altima if that helps a lil

boots 05-19-2006 10:06 AM

Re: remote start on a 5speed

youre goin to have to get that shit done real bootleg like. the whole purpose of that is if you have it in gear and start the bitch, youre goin to be chasing your car down the street

Slepping_H22_DC 05-19-2006 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by boots
youre goin to have to get that shit done real bootleg like. the whole purpose of that is if you have it in gear and start the bitch, youre goin to be chasing your car down the street

its very common though. i'de say 1 out of 3 people on here with an alarm has remote start on their car? anyways you can get it done professionally but, corporate bestbuy can get sued to hell and back. go to like a local alarm shop every other shop will do it they just probably make you sign a waiver saying there not responsible if you leave it in gear and it drives off.
where you located anyways ??

Fabrik8 05-19-2006 11:32 AM

There are usually alarms on the market that are made to remote start a 5 speed.
Clifford Solaris and a few others are made for that, you have to keep the car running, exit, arm the alarm, and the alarm will shut the car off and remember the shut down state. Basically it knows the car isn't in gear so it will start it if you tell it to. If you use a standard alarm, you're on your own. I don't know what's on the market right now, but I know there have been models in the past that will do this safely.

civic1987 05-20-2006 06:00 PM

it can be done, its jus havin someone put it in, pretty much the same thing as an automatic, as long as ur cars in neutral, u'd be straight

The_rabbit1 05-20-2006 06:08 PM

I almost got my car hit and me run over along with another car and 5 other people. It ended up hitting BamBam's white Iroc. Shit is dangerous unless you get the one meant for a M/T.

C MY 4D 05-20-2006 07:29 PM

there are a few transmissions that come with neutral switches built into the case. For example new TKO's.

Slepping_H22_DC 05-21-2006 08:42 AM

two words
Black Widow :thup:
look it up

ECR 05-22-2006 03:56 PM

i have it on my lude, which is a 5speed.

DOHC crx VTEC 05-23-2006 08:30 AM

Get a Clifford alarm system that is for 5 speed. They are good :thup: for personal experience with them. Anyone should be able to install it for you.