Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Recirculating BOV

Old 04-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Slow?^_^mabye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HateV8s has disabled reputation
Default Recirculating BOV

hey im bout to get a kit and i was wonder what is a good recirculating BOV, cuz i want to really want to boost som good boost and i want the exhaust air to run back to the intake and not leak thanks
Old 04-15-2008, 04:58 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal
Default Re: Recirculating BOV

almost anything will work besides Tial and HKS Sequential.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Snoochie boochies

Beachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond repute

Just find a stock BOV from a first-gen DSM. Cheap, recirculating, cheap, works great unless you're planning serious boost, cheap, and it's not holyfuckingobnoxiousloud like almost everything else.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:57 PM
R.I.P B.K.H & K.D.A.

SlammedScort has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by thermal
almost anything will work besides Tial and HKS Sequential.
Hks has a recir. kit for the s.s. so why won't it work? Usally if us dsm guys want to keep the blowoff recirculated with higher boost, we change to a greddy type S (I have) or an HKS s.s. I haven't had the greddy leak with almost 25 psi on it. I've heard it's good for 30 or so.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:31 PM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

Originally Posted by HateV8s
cuz i want to really want to boost som good boost and i want the exhaust air to run back to the intake and not leak thanks
HAHAHAHA
Old 04-15-2008, 07:46 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

greddy leaks at 24+ usually. It sucks. 1G is the best for low boost in the 23 and under range. Anything higher and get something better.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
greddy leaks at 24+ usually. It sucks. 1G is the best for low boost in the 23 and under range. Anything higher and get something better.
I always tell people not to get the damn greddy. Some of my friends still insist on running it though because of the sound
Old 04-15-2008, 08:08 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Originally Posted by SlammedScort
Hks has a recir. kit for the s.s. so why won't it work?....
you are right, maybe I should've reworded that about the HKS Sequential.... that BOV just looks weird without that "signature" nozzle. All I'm saying is that why not get a system that is ready to be piped for recirculation such as GReddy S, RS, R, etc..... To be honest, at low boost, I'll stay with just a DSM BOV or GReddy S/RS system.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:12 PM

EGAS has disabled reputation

A stock evo 9 bov will work greddy type S suck for any real boost levels. Tial makes a recirc bov now. HKS is a great BOV with the recirc kit,

What car is this for?
Old 04-15-2008, 08:13 PM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

I run 23-24psi through my stock 1g without problems yet