Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Rebuilt b18b1 in 91 da integra problems! look look help help!

Old 12-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jakethesnake110 has disabled reputation
Default Rebuilt b18b1 in 91 da integra problems! look look help help!

soo i have a 91 integra.. it had the b18a1 in to.. it was blown up.. so i found me a b18b1 and rebuilt it all but pistons and rods and put the stock b18a1 head on it.. i put everything back in my car and ive noticed a couple sensors are different(can u plz tell me what these connectors go to in the pic below)..soo i went to start the car and it will start up and run for a few seconds and then it cuts right back off.. then it takes spells and it will just turn over and turn over and turn over and just hit every now and then and act like it wants to crank but it wont.. and like i said when it does start it sounds great and sounds like it will run fine but it just dies right out =(.. plzzz can anyone help me out? am i missing any sensors? or vaccum leak? or fuel problem? or what? plz plz..

what do these plugs go to?

what does this plug go to?
Old 12-17-2011, 12:06 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Re: Rebuilt b18b1 in 91 da integra problems! look look help help!

Originally Posted by jakethesnake110
soo i have a 91 integra.. it had the b18a1 in to.. it was blown up.. so i found me a b18b1 and rebuilt it all but pistons and rods and put the stock b18a1 head on it.. i put everything back in my car and ive noticed a couple sensors are different(can u plz tell me what these connectors go to in the pic below)..soo i went to start the car and it will start up and run for a few seconds and then it cuts right back off.. then it takes spells and it will just turn over and turn over and turn over and just hit every now and then and act like it wants to crank but it wont.. and like i said when it does start it sounds great and sounds like it will run fine but it just dies right out =(.. plzzz can anyone help me out? am i missing any sensors? or vaccum leak? or fuel problem? or what? plz plz..

what do these plugs go to?

what does this plug go to?
It's totaled.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:11 PM
I <3 MY EG

JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation

the one in your hand it the map sensor.. that will deff keep it from running...
Old 12-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by JustaGSR18
the one in your hand it the map sensor.. that will deff keep it from running...
ru positive thats the map sensor plug? bc i thought the map sensor was on the back on the intake manifold? and it def wont reach that far
Old 12-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Banned

hondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by jakethesnake110
ru positive thats the map sensor plug? bc i thought the map sensor was on the back on the intake manifold? and it def wont reach that far
wrong. the map sensor for obd1 cars such as yours is on the firewall. very easy fix.

as for the other wires... i suggest you get a wiring diagram and start tracing. have fun
Old 12-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Banned

hondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these parts

wait is your knock sensor plugged in??
Old 12-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Registered member

where is the knock sensor located? on the b1 block? and btw... my car isnt 0bd1... its obd0? does that still mean its on the firewall>?
Old 12-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

That engine doesn't have a knock sensor.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Registered member

i didnt think it did? and is the map sensor on the 90-93 tegs on the firewall>? any pics?
Old 12-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Build..Race..Win..

vtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these parts

hey just to let you know I had a 90 integra with b16a, so the one you are holding is for the map sensor. 90-91 tegs have there map sensor mounted on the firewall instead of the throttle body. There is a bracket that hold the map sensor in place with 1 screw, then there is a hoses that runs from map sensor to the top of the throttle body right next to the idle adjustment screw.

As for the green plug not really sure but it looks like it could either go to evap purge solenoid valve.

The black plug looks like it would go to the oil sending unit, but you already have it plug up, so check to make sure your oil light is going off.

hope this helps
James

Just notice the black plug is not for oil sending unit.

Last edited by vtecda9; 12-18-2011 at 08:37 AM.